Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully at wide release they are confident enough in the system to not require steering reminders and just rely on attention. Or have shorter disabling (time out) after a “strike.” After all, if the system is safer than a human driver without monitoring or with marginal monitoring, disabling would make things less safe.
I was hoping that Tesla would be abandoning the steering nags once they got the eye tracking working well. But, the reports of wheel weight detection tells me that they feel the need to be doubly sure that drivers are touching the wheel periodically once they go full release.

I was hoping that Tesla would be abandoning the steering nags once they got the eye tracking working well. But, the reports of wheel weight detection tells me that they feel the need to be doubly sure that drivers are touching the wheel periodically once they go full release.
I thought I saw a video of Whole Mars or someone else making the comment on whatever version they were on as "hands free". Seemed like 2 weeks ago.

Same thing has only happened once to me. Happened about a month ago on 69.2.4. Very strange.
It happened to me today with 10.69.3.1 also, I was traveling at 35mph, it saw yellow light but didn’t slow down and ran the red light, there is a truck coming from the right, worse - just cross half way, it gave a warning stopping at red lights in x feet, I took over and speed up, the truck could have hit me …

it gave a warning stopping at red lights in x feet
That's an Autopilot information display that I have not seen while on FSD Beta. When I would engage AP on city streets (prior to being invited into the Beta), it would say it was going to stop in x number of feet for an intersection/traffic control. While on FSD Beta it hasn't told me what it's doing while on city streets.

Did they make a change to FSD Beta to include AP info popups while on city streets?

Reactions: El joe
So having finally gotten FSDb and trying it out, I'm disappointed that I won't be able to use it much since my insurance rates it poorly and I don't want my rates to go up.

Screenshot_20221126-144351_Drive Safe & Save.jpg

The hard braking is the biggest problem. Though even in chill mode it accelerates too aggressively.

So having finally gotten FSDb and trying it out, I'm disappointed that I won't be able to use it much since my insurance rates it poorly and I don't want my rates to go up.

View attachment 878585
The hard braking is the biggest problem. Though even in chill mode it accelerates too aggressively.
Get a Nissan Leaf, your acceleration and braking will go to 5 stars instantly 😅

• Funny
Reactions: Pdubs
That's an Autopilot information display that I have not seen while on FSD Beta. When I would engage AP on city streets (prior to being invited into the Beta), it would say it was going to stop in x number of feet for an intersection/traffic control. While on FSD Beta it hasn't told me what it's doing while on city streets.

Did they make a change to FSD Beta to include AP info popups while on city streets?
Mine is Model S, the message is on the instrument cluster, I never seen this behavior with FSDb on city street, I will try to calibrate the camera again, but I started seeing this kind of running red light behavior in 10.69.2.4, this time I thought it will brake in time for the yellow light but didn’t.

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
But, the reports of wheel weight detection tells me that they feel the need to be doubly sure that drivers are touching the wheel periodically once they go full release.

Completely expected at this point given the safety levels. I see no reason to think they would eliminate that requirement any time soon, as implied above.

The hard braking is the biggest problem.

😮 You don’t say. Shocked, just shocked. 😂

Though even in chill mode it accelerates too aggressively.
It’s not aggressive at accelerating by any stretch of the imagination, so not sure how your insurance company is measuring this. I wonder if they are detecting initial jerk. There are situations where it will accelerate rapidly for very brief periods of time, and perhaps that general jerkiness is causing this.

Very surprised at this low acceleration score, since FSD’s about as aggressive as a sedated golden retriever.

Completely expected at this point given the safety levels. I see no reason to think they would eliminate that requirement any time soon, as implied above.

😮 You don’t say. Shocked, just shocked. 😂

It’s not aggressive at accelerating by any stretch of the imagination, so not sure how your insurance company is measuring this. I wonder if they are detecting initial jerk. There are situations where it will accelerate rapidly for very brief periods of time, and perhaps that general jerkiness is causing this.

Very surprised at this low acceleration score.
Come on Alan, start being a professional youtuber.
My post about the chance of it happening got like 5 million likes 👍. (OK, a bunch)
At least take some time to consider it.
If it requires some funds to get started, let me know.
I will assist and/or start a gofundme.

Edit: Btw, no Subaru talk please!

• Love
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
So, I'm still waiting on FSDb, as I'm on 2022.40.4.1, but I have a question for those of you in the beta...

How does it do with single flashing yellow lights, like are put around some curves, fire stations etc. Autopilot freaks on on me around these. It interprets them as full traffic lights about to change to red. Does FSDb do better?

So, I'm still waiting on FSDb, as I'm on 2022.40.4.1, but I have a question for those of you in the beta...

How does it do with single flashing yellow lights, like are put around some curves, fire stations etc. Autopilot freaks on on me around these. It interprets them as full traffic lights about to change to red. Does FSDb do better?
It is currently hit or miss. It's way better now than 6 months ago.
However occasionally it will still slow 2 to 5 mph when approaching them.
I would classify it as 90% solved.

It is currently hit or miss. It's way better now than 6 months ago.
However occasionally it will still slow 2 to 5 mph when approaching them.
I would classify it as 90% solved.
That still means if there are cars that are close to me behind the car, my foot moves from hovering the brake to the accelerator in expectation of me needing to nudge it through and not got rear ended or honked at.

• Informative
Reactions: Pdubs and Gray Man
Disappointing FSD drive. 6 months ago FSD approached this intersection where it should have kept to the left, instead the car jerked back and forth so badly I had to disengaged. First drive on 10..69.3.1 and it was just as bad if not worse. I let FSD continue since no cars were near me and FSD just stopped in the red box right in the intersection

The mapping in this old Massachusetts mill town (Lowell) is just awful. One of the big reasons there is so much variability in how FSD performs.

Attachments

• Tiangle Intersections Screen Shot.png
    Tiangle Intersections Screen Shot.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Disappointing FSD drive. 6 months ago FSD approached this intersection where it should have kept to the left, instead it jerked back and forth so badly I had to disengaged. First drive since at this intersection and it was just as bad if not worse. I let FSD continue since no cars were near me and FSD just stopped in the road.
The owner of VP fuels and Quickie Mart thank you for not driving into their gas pumps and starting a 5 alarm fire!

The owner of VP fuels and Quickie Mart thank you for not driving into their gas pumps and starting a 5 alarm fire!
LOL.
The first time I drove this road my son-in-law who owns a Model Y was driving and he quickly decided to disable FSD for the rest of the drive. Today my son was with me who also owns a Model Y and he is thinking maybe he should wait before subscribing. I was a bit surprised FSD still failed after 8 months of updates.