Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD 12.3 Left turn signal ALWAYS ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This seems like an extremely dangerous bug and I wonder why no one else discusses this. Is this bug only on tiny volume of cars? How can we highlight this to Tesla team?

We have a 2018MR and sometime later we got the free upgrade to HW3. Since my wife uses the car for commute I didn't realize it got FSD 12.3 until this morning. I gave it a try and it's UNUSEABLE. The moment I turn FSD on the left turn signal turns on. I can't cancel it at all. It can still drive on a single-lane road with the signal on, but every intersection it confuses itself. Not to mention that it would confuses other cars.

It's definitely not just me. From the thread below it seems like a few 2018/19 cars have the same issue. But the limited results from google really worries me, I also don't think we should be paying to fix this despite most of us are out of warranty. The car is advertised to have FSD capability and it's not our problem to have FSD (beta...) come out after our warranty expires...

jordyun

Strange sounding behavior. We have had FSDb on our 2018 LR RWD Model 3 since the first public release (Oct 11th, 2021). Even running v12.3 now I’ve never had nor heard of others with a left turn signal issue. Other than the usual 2 button reboot and 20 min deep sleep resets, I don’t know other than submit the bug reports and wait for Tesla to fix.

Strange sounding behavior. We have had FSDb on our 2018 LR RWD Model 3 since the first public release (Oct 11th, 2021). Even running v12.3 now I’ve never had nor heard of others with a left turn signal issue. Other than the usual 2 button reboot and 20 min deep sleep resets, I don’t know other than submit the bug reports and wait for Tesla to fix.
Submit bug report through the "recording" feature after cancelling Autopilot? I did that but I never got any responses with other bug reports... Or you mean there's other places I can report a bug? We can obviously submit a service request but all diagnosis costs $250+ now for out of warranty cars...

This seems to be a universal problem on 2018, and may some 2019 era M3s. I certainly have it, and all of my personal acquaintances with 2018 M3s who have gotten v12 have it (although half of them haven't gotten v12 yet).

I don't think there's any formal bug reporting ability anymore. I've gone in and out of FSD a bunch of times just so I could send a bunch of "voice notes," but I have to imagine given the scale of the problem, Tesla is on it. The only question is how long it takes. I'm certainly not willing to drive around city streets with my left-hand blinker on all the time, so at least for now, no FSD for me.

Ah, the magic of "beta".