Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frunk or front hood firewall wiring access for 2023 Model S Plaid?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone described or found cabin to frunk/front hood firewall wiring access for 2023 Model S Plaid? Want to install laser jammers and have seen pics of completed projects. Also, any recommendations for powering the system, possibly using Powertap l, OBD, or accessory power in center console.

Just found this thread as I was about to pose the same question. I see a grommet from the frunk side, but have not dove deep enough on the inside to find the entry/exit point. From the frunk side, it is tough to reach with my large hands.

Someone here posted about firewall access, and I reached out to him, but never heard back.

Upvote 0
I ran a wire from the cabin into the frunk for a front mounted parking camera on my 2021+. I forced it through the existing grommet in the driver's side footwell. It was a tight fit and a pain to do, but it worked. I did not snap any photos of that area during my install. I don't know but I suspect the 2023 is similar.

Upvote 0
I ran a wire from the cabin into the frunk for a front mounted parking camera on my 2021+. I forced it through the existing grommet in the driver's side footwell. It was a tight fit and a pain to do, but it worked. I did not snap any photos of that area during my install. I don't know but I suspect the 2023 is similar.
I did once crawl under there a couple of years ago, and it looked like a nightmare of a task. Did you start from inside the cabin or from the frunk?

Upvote 0
I did once crawl under there a couple of years ago, and it looked like a nightmare of a task. Did you start from inside the cabin or from the frunk?
I ran a standard fish tape from the cabin, through the fire wall and into the frunk area. I then grabbed the cables I had run from the bumper area, through the frunk and pulled them with the fish tape through the fire wall. It's been a few years, but my recollection is that it was very tight and not much space to work with.

Upvote 0
I ran a standard fish tape from the cabin, through the fire wall and into the frunk area. I then grabbed the cables I had run from the bumper area, through the frunk and pulled them with the fish tape through the fire wall. It's been a few years, but my recollection is that it was very tight and not much space to work with.
Did it! It was actually incredibly simple.

I was trying to just push a wire through, and I could never find it on the frunk side. I imagine the wire was buried inside the harness. Instead, I took your advise and pushed through the grommet using a wire puller. It was really tight, and I became fearful that I may damage some of the Tesla wires. Suddenly, the grommet became a little loose around the edge. This was the "a ha" moment for me: instead of going through the grommet with the other wires, I went around the outside edge of it. I pushed the wire puller through, and was able to easily reach it under the hood. I pulled through several wires for future use.

Sure, the grommet is not a perfect seal anymore, but given there are no engine fumes to come through, I really don't care.

Upvote 0