Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front suspension clunk?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 22 MXP with 5k miles on it that has some kind of suspension clunk coming from the front driver side. It happens randomly when I go over dips or bumps at a slow speed. It’s hard to replicate, I’ll hear it going over a certain speed bump, reverse and try again, and it doesn’t happen. But if def sounds like somethings loose. Any idea what I should check out first?

I've been lowered on in2itive links for awhile, but the clunk just started happening recently. I‘m hoping to figure it out myself before scheduling a service so I don’t have to worry about bringing it back to stock. I have a feeling they might blame the links, even though I’m pretty sure thats not the cause.

I have a 22 MXP with 5k miles on it that has some kind of suspension clunk coming from the front driver side. It happens randomly when I go over dips or bumps at a slow speed. It’s hard to replicate, I’ll hear it going over a certain speed bump, reverse and try again, and it doesn’t happen. But if def sounds like somethings loose. Any idea what I should check out first?

I've been lowered on in2itive links for awhile, but the clunk just started happening recently. I‘m hoping to figure it out myself before scheduling a service so I don’t have to worry about bringing it back to stock. I have a feeling they might blame the links, even though I’m pretty sure thats not the cause.

Did the n2itive guys have any idea?

Upvote 0
I’ve had recurrence of front suspension clunks and squeaks. The first time the service center replaced upper control arms. When the noises came back 1 year later, the service center replaced upper control arms and fore links.

If your service center is anything like mine, they will attribute the noise to the aftermarket kit and not touch it (much less cover any repairs under the factory warranty).

Upvote 0