Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front motor noise with hard acceleration.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
P3D with 600 miles. Since day 1 I’ve noticed that with hard acceleration I can hear a very high pitched noise coming from the front motor. It isnt very loud at all and can only be heard with the stereo off. It sounds like a the ringing you get in your ear sometimes, and goes away when I let off the accelerator. Is this normal for the front motor? TIA

P3D with 600 miles. Since day 1 I’ve noticed that with hard acceleration I can hear a very high pitched noise coming from the front motor. It isnt very loud at all and can only be heard with the stereo off. It sounds like a the ringing you get in your ear sometimes, and goes away when I let off the accelerator. Is this normal for the front motor? TIA

It's probably normal. Is there any similarity to the sound you get with heavy regen braking?

I hear this a lot cruising over 75mph and in hard accel in general. Seems normal.

Normal. Mine does the same when I get on it. Think of it as an EV exhaust note. ;)