Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Console Showing on Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpeg

Nice and so far it hasn't affected the overall price.

My car was shipped on March 5th to Raleigh, NC and it still shows March 30-April 13th for delivery. I missed out on the new wheels and now the center console, and who knows what else even before my car arrives. I have never ordered a car and had things like this changed before I even got my car, I know Tesla is different, but this seems a little crazy. I could understand if they changed things for a different model year, but mid stream seems to me that it would make people wait and wait before they ordered to see what comes next.

Does not appear to have the flip back door with piano back to reveal the charging port
I believe it is like the Model X version, it still flips up, it is just no longer piano black, and is trim neutral black line the front section.

Hopefully, it also has the improves phone holding clips form the Model X console to hold the phone in place when you accurate. That was my main complaint about the original (besides the piano black)

Reactions: Reekdog
My car was shipped on March 5th to Raleigh, NC and it still shows March 30-April 13th for delivery. I missed out on the new wheels and now the center console, and who knows what else even before my car arrives. I have never ordered a car and had things like this changed before I even got my car, I know Tesla is different, but this seems a little crazy. I could understand if they changed things for a different model year, but mid stream seems to me that it would make people wait and wait before they ordered to see what comes next.
There is no such thing as model year. Tesla makes improvements/changes continuously. Everyone could tell a story like this. If I had waited another month to order in 2013 i could have had auto folding mirrors and parking sensors. If you wait for the next improvement you'll never buy the car-- just like PCs years ago.

That said, I don't think making the center console standard is an improvement. I like the open space. It is useful and looks right with the minimalist design of the car. This has been argued in previous threads and people have opinions both ways. It seems to me including center console now is another step towards appealing to mainstream buyers, just as moving the battery meter off to the corner and repacing it with the familiar (but less useful) odometer. It's a shame Tesla thinks it has to do this to move past early adopters/EV enthusiasts.