Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free supercharging: superchargers only?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is probably a stupid question, but I can't find the answer anywhere on the internet. I have "free supercharging for life" on my 2017 Model X. Does this mean I can ONLY use superchargers or can I use ANY Tesla charger? An apartment building I'm thinking of moving to has Tesla (slow) chargers and I'm wondering if those will be free for me. Or when Tesla says free "Supercharging" for life, do they actually mean I can only use actual "Superchargers" for free, but the slower Tesla chargers will cost me money to use them?

This is probably a stupid question, but I can't find the answer anywhere on the internet. I have "free supercharging for life" on my 2017 Model X. Does this mean I can ONLY use superchargers or can I use ANY Tesla charger? An apartment building I'm thinking of moving to has Tesla (slow) chargers and I'm wondering if those will be free for me. Or when Tesla says free "Supercharging" for life, do they actually mean I can only use actual "Superchargers" for free, but the slower Tesla chargers will cost me money to use them?
The non-superchargers are basically the same as what you have at home. Hotels for example may have charging available, typically free for registered guests. You also may be able to charge at campgrounds, again overnight charging like you have at home. Campgrounds are probably NOT free.

For me the best rate is home charging, my electric utility charges me a measly 2.5¢ per kWh to charge our EVs, so that means to run two EVs for a month costs me maybe $20. Local superchargers run around 37¢ per kWh.

Upvote 0