Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Supercharging for Referral/No Referral Credit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Runt8

May 19, 2017
Colorado
About a month ago a friend purchased a Model 3 using my referral code (it was the same day that Tesla said that referrals had to use the link, not just tell the advisor when ordering; of course, my friend didn’t know that when she ordered). A few days ago the free 1000 miles of supercharging showed up in my app, but I still show 0 referrals. I don’t really care about supercharging but I do want to be entered in the drawing for the Model Y and Roadster.

Has anyone had this happen? Is it possible that the referral just takes longer to show up? Or do I need to get on the phone and bug someone?

Similar thing is happening to my referring friend's referral count, (it has not gone up) while I (the buyer) already see the 1000 SC miles in my account. My friend has lifetime SC, so he could care less about the 1000 miles, but he is like you, interested in the drawing entries.

I've asked my OA to verify and he did, and he said "it might take a few days or you can contact [email protected]", which my friend had done. No resolution so far.

• Informative
Reactions: Runt8
Same here... I bought with someone's code (just told my advisor, I didn't use any link).
We both got the 1000 SC miles in our app (loot box), but my friend still doesn't show "1 referral"... maybe it takes time? (it's been 2 weeks)

Same with me. Used the referral code with my online sales agent after making the online purchase and was told it would be taken care of. It's been a month with no response and no supercharger credits or referrals. Just got off a chat with support and they said nothing they can do, so guess I'll wait and see. Good to see the credits and referrals are appearing for other owners.