Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For PG&E Solar with Battery Storage customers enrolled with EBCE CCA program; when checks go out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm enrolled with PG&E in the EastBay Community Energy (EBCE) CCA. My first PG&E true-up ever was at the beginning of April this year showing an NEM Credit of $-1,119 with a listed "cash out" value of $482 (as listed on my PG&E Blue bill)

Can any other PG&E customers tell me when EBCE sends out their reimbursement payments? My understanding is that EBCE's true up month is also April, and now in the latter part of May, I haven't received anything yet. Just curious and thought to ask here before calling.

Thanks in Advance!

Just spoke with EBCE and got an answer to this myself :) Their reimbursement checks go out 60-90 days after true up, so July at the latest.

Dont you love how with these type things, a company is sure quick to get your money ("Sign up for autopay!, Bill due!" etc etc), but when they owe US money its "We will be sending out checks in 45-90 days...." heh....

Im dealing with something like this now, related to medical billing. Middle of last year, it was "Im sorry maam (to my wife), we will need XXX down as your portion of payment for service Y, at check in". Find out like 9 months later that they over billed us, and when my wife reached out to them it was like "oh, yes, we overbilled you but just kept it on your account" (and this is a lab, not her regular doctor).

When asked to send the money back, its "absolutely! it will be 60-90 days". Its not the first time some company has done something like this to me in my lifetime, so its not like it was even unexpected, but this response just reminded me how prevalent this is, across multiple industries.

Reactions: h2ofun
Dont you love how with these type things, a company is sure quick to get your money ("Sign up for autopay!, Bill due!" etc etc), but when they owe US money its "We will be sending out checks in 45-90 days...." heh....

Im dealing with something like this now, related to medical billing. Middle of last year, it was "Im sorry maam (to my wife), we will need XXX down as your portion of payment for service Y, at check in". Find out like 9 months later that they over billed us, and when my wife reached out to them it was like "oh, yes, we overbilled you but just kept it on your account" (and this is a lab, not her regular doctor).

When asked to send the money back, its "absolutely! it will be 60-90 days". Its not the first time some company has done something like this to me in my lifetime, so its not like it was even unexpected, but this response just reminded me how prevalent this is, across multiple industries.
This infuriates me as well! ☺️ With our bank amd other companies, we owe them some fee or payment and *zing* in literally 12 milliseconds its gone from your account when you hit “pay”, but make a deposit and “3-5 day hold until funds are available”, or if they’re paying a dividend or reimbursing you 30-60 days 🤔😡 If these transaction can be milliseconds in favor of them, the tech is in place to also grant that speed in our favor. My conspiracy theory mind thinks its because they hang on to money as long as possible to get the pennies or even fractions of pennies per transaction in compounded interest 🫣

Another devious tactic that no one seems to know about is your water bill. Ever wonder why it’s measured in “acre-ft” (Which is a HUGE amount of water) So your water usage will say something like you used .07135 acre ft last month, which they then convert to gallons for clarity.

Reason is because the smallest division of acre-ft is the equivalent of 8 gallons. So you can never use less than 8 gallons if water no matter what. Got a fancy low fkiw toilet that uses 3.5 gallons per flush? Sorry, each handle pull is 8 gallons. get a glass of water? 8 gallons.

Remember those commercials where the water company says, “Check for leaky faucets, because the slowest leak can waste up to 8 gallons per day!” Well I checked. A faucet dripping at 1 drip every 15 seconds is 3 quarts in a day. They’re giving you their smallest unit of measure, not how much it actually is.

Since water is billed by “Tier” much like electricity rates; the majority will not be unduly effected by this, but if you’re close to the tier limit, those extra reported “Gallons” could push you over into the next higher tier rate, and tgat would suck!

This is off topic for this forum and thread, but....
This infuriates me as well! ☺️ With our bank amd other companies, we owe them some fee or payment and *zing* in literally 12 milliseconds its gone from your account when you hit “pay”, but make a deposit and “3-5 day hold until funds are available”, or if they’re paying a dividend or reimbursing you 30-60 days 🤔😡 If these transaction can be milliseconds in favor of them, the tech is in place to also grant that speed in our favor. My conspiracy theory mind thinks its because they hang on to money as long as possible to get the pennies or even fractions of pennies per transaction in compounded interest 🫣
This is really a risk mitigation tactic. Remove the money right away so that it is confirmed paid, don't allow use of money coming in until it has cleared the other institution. Neither of these happen with my Credit Union, so look at switching your bank?

Another devious tactic that no one seems to know about is your water bill. Ever wonder why it’s measured in “acre-ft” (Which is a HUGE amount of water) So your water usage will say something like you used .07135 acre ft last month, which they then convert to gallons for clarity.

Reason is because the smallest division of acre-ft is the equivalent of 8 gallons. So you can never use less than 8 gallons if water no matter what. Got a fancy low fkiw toilet that uses 3.5 gallons per flush? Sorry, each handle pull is 8 gallons. get a glass of water? 8 gallons.

Remember those commercials where the water company says, “Check for leaky faucets, because the slowest leak can waste up to 8 gallons per day!” Well I checked. A faucet dripping at 1 drip every 15 seconds is 3 quarts in a day. They’re giving you their smallest unit of measure, not how much it actually is.

Since water is billed by “Tier” much like electricity rates; the majority will not be unduly effected by this, but if you’re close to the tier limit, those extra reported “Gallons” could push you over into the next higher tier rate, and tgat would suck!
There are a lot of different usage billing practices across water utilities, so while yours reports in acre-feet, mine reports in "units" where each unit is 768 gallons and the billing is only on whole units. However, this just how usage is reported and priced. I'm 99% sure that your water meter is actually measuring in gallons or something that is pipe diameter * feet that converts to gallons and then converts to acre-feet for your utility bill and converts to "units" for my bill.

If your water utility is reporting to 5 decimal places (8 gallons) then your monthly billing will be closer to your actually usage, while mine can be slightly more variable as some gallons are billing in the month that they were used and slide in the next month due to round up/down into the whole "units". I can see the actually usage in gallons by day, by hour using a portal which is similar to the PG&E usage graphs. Maybe your water utility has something similar that you can access?

Think for a bit about what you wrote, "get a glass of water = 8 gallons", "1 drop every 15 seconds = 3 quarts/day = 8 gallons", "low flush toilet = 3.5 gallons = 8 gallons". How or why would you design a meter than could detect a glass fill and charge 8 gallons, if you had this then why wouldn't that leaky faucet be charging you a lot more, maybe 8 gallons per drip, or at least 8 gallons every cup so, 12 * 8 = 96 gallons/day. It just doesn't make sense that a meter would work that way.

BTW, a low flush toilet is 1.6 gallons not 3.5 gallons. Also an acre-foot = 325,851 gallons and 0.00001 acre-feet = 3.26 gallons not 8.