Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida EV Incentives

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let us know how it goes. As you know, finding reputable people down here to do work is always tough, so we need to find someone reliable and expert enough to do the job.

After waiting two weeks I found a licensed electrician via someone who was doing some work at my office. He is very knowledgeable and when I told him what I was getting he took the time to do the research online and by the time he came to the house to do the site survey, he knew exactly what I needed. He quoted me a great price to hook up my HPWC, and told me he'd be happy to install for anyone else here in SE Florida, and can certainly do NEME 14-50 as well. Price depends on distance, etc.

Of course the Solar City-recommended place finally sent me an e-mail, but too late for them. I suspect they would have been overpriced, anyway.

The new guy's company is Others Electric, Inc., and the owner's name is Joseph. His e-mail is jlmyers82 at hotmail dot com

Btw, he had specific questions regarding how the HPWC mounts to the wall, and he called Tesla about it. What he got out of them is that the thing doesn't exist yet, and as soon as it does they will call him and let him know the mounting specifications. They said it will be available "some time in October". I have some concern that I'll have the car before the HPWC...that's probably a topic for one of the main forums?

Last edited by a moderator:
After waiting two weeks I found a licensed electrician via someone who was doing some work at my office. He is very knowledgeable and when I told him what I was getting he took the time to do the research online and by the time he came to the house to do the site survey, he knew exactly what I needed. He quoted me a great price to hook up my HPWC, and told me he'd be happy to install for anyone else here in SE Florida, and can certainly do NEME 14-50 as well. Price depends on distance, etc.

Of course the Solar City-recommended place finally sent me an e-mail, but too late for them. I suspect they would have been overpriced, anyway.

The new guy's company is Others Electric, Inc., and the owner's name is Joseph. His e-mail is jlmyers82 at hotmail dot com

Btw, he had specific questions regarding how the HPWC mounts to the wall, and he called Tesla about it. What he got out of them is that the thing doesn't exist yet, and as soon as it does they will call him and let him know the mounting specifications. They said it will be available "some time in October". I have some concern that I'll have the car before the HPWC...that's probably a topic for one of the main forums?

Thanks for the reference. I'll definitely email him when I'm ready to get my 14-50 outlet(s) (I'm thinking about doing one in the garage and one outside so I don't have to pull into the garage every time to charge). I would expect anyone with a Sig to get their car before the HPWC, so you're right to have that concern, but as long as you have a 14-50 when you get the car you should be fine, then can install the HPWC at a later date.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reference. I'll definitely email him when I'm ready to get my 14-50 outlet(s) (I'm thinking about doing one in the garage and one outside so I don't have to pull into the garage every time to charge). I would expect anyone with a Sig to get their car before the HPWC, so you're right to have that concern, but as long as you have a 14-50 when you get the car you should be fine, then can install the HPWC at a later date.

Yeah, well that's an ADDITIONAL circuit that I will need to install, just for the time between the car and the HPWC availability!

I e-mailed Joseph and haven't heard back from him yet. Did you already have your outlet installed? I have one quote and wanted to get another one before having the work done. I think I'm going to get 2 NEMA 14-50 outlets installed -- one in my garage and one outside for the days when I don't want to pull the car into the garage but still want to charge it. I'll be curious to see if there's a big price difference between electricians for this work. Thanks!

I e-mailed Joseph and haven't heard back from him yet. Did you already have your outlet installed? I have one quote and wanted to get another one before having the work done. I think I'm going to get 2 NEMA 14-50 outlets installed -- one in my garage and one outside for the days when I don't want to pull the car into the garage but still want to charge it. I'll be curious to see if there's a big price difference between electricians for this work. Thanks!

Strange that he hasn't responded. I will be speaking with him again today or tomorrow to schedule my installation for next week. PM me your # and I'll suggest he ring you up.

Strange that he hasn't responded. I will be speaking with him again today or tomorrow to schedule my installation for next week. PM me your # and I'll suggest he ring you up.

Joseph's workers installed my wiring today. He put a NEMA 14-50 in, which is testing as working well. He also ran wires for the HPWC and capped and plated them off. I'm very happy with the work they did, and I know that Arnold Panz used his as well, and referred him to some others.

20121108_092920.jpg
20121108_092859.jpg

I'm not sure why the first picture appears rotated

Joseph's workers installed my wiring today. He put a NEMA 14-50 in, which is testing as working well. He also ran wires for the HPWC and capped and plated them off. I'm very happy with the work they did, and I know that Arnold Panz used his as well

Agreed. He did good work, charging has gone well on my 6-50. He's also ready to do the HPWC install once it is delivered.