Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You said you were going to check in to it the day I originally posted, yet here we are 6 weeks later and you are acting like it’s the first you’ve heard about it.
I get that you’re a small outfit and I like the mats except for the fit is just not great in my case.
Good luck going forward, I’ll end this conversation as it doesn’t look like there is anything more to say.
I acted as such because I have almost zero other reports of anything similar to your issue
I am not sure what you want me to do, as I originally looked into it by grabbing a few random units and checking a couple show cars at random tesla stores in my city to see if maybe something was off with our test bench cars. I found nothing of note besides minor variances between cars using the identical set of test mats. These observations support my theory that there were minor variances in tesla production and not a flaw in our designs.

I am sorry that you have a fit issue with your car, but unless I can substantiate your claims of a design issue with repeatable observations and reported data from customers, I am unable to devote a substantial amount of resources to chase this issue down by creating or testing new molds and samples for a handful of reported cases that may have nothing to do with the mats or production themselves.

Think of it this way: if this is a problem with a minority of cars, and we modify our mat to fix this issue with those cars, we risk having fit issues with the majority of our customers that were perfectly fine with the current design. If we have enough people with this issue, we could possibly create an alternate fit mat to solve it, but I do not yet see this, and I am unsure how to know which mats to ship to a customer who may have this issue. It's a catch-22...

Last edited:
Hey guys,
I am pleased to say that we are the first company to carry options for the 7 seater. We have received our final samples of our Model Y 7 seater third row and Model Y 7 seater trunk! Tesla Model Y 2021 All Weather Interior Liner Floormats (7 seater) *Back-Order October Production*
These are available as back order now and will be produced in October with deliveries to commence in November/December
View attachment 712515
We also just tested version I of our model y 7 seater trunk and they fit quite well! I will be sending a set of both to @zilkronix and bearded Tesla guy for a review.

In the meantime, you can check them out here:Tesla Model Y 2021 Trunk and Frunk Mats (7 seater) Version I *Back Order: September 2021 Production*
Let me know your thoughts?

Hey @tshields, I've been noticing that as soon as y'all have something new, you search the forum for relevant threads and spam the same message in it over and over.

Examples:
In this thread titled "Musk: 7-Seat Tesla Model Y Coming In December, Production Starts Next Month", you posted the same comment about 7 seater floor mats. The thread hadn't been posted in since February 2021.

In this thread titled "Model Y - Hands On", you posted the same comment. Not only was the last post before yours made in April 2020, 7 seaters weren't even available.

In this thread titled "7 Seater Pics and Details", you posted the same comment. Last post was made in August 2021 and the last post before that was April 2021.

In this thread titled "Question on trunk space for tesla 2021 7 seater", the last comment made was March 2021.

I get you want to market and advertise as much as possible, but out of respect for other forum users, could you at least check the forum topic and when the last post was before necroing old threads?

Hey @tshields, I've been noticing that as soon as y'all have something new, you search the forum for relevant threads and spam the same message in it over and over.

Examples:
In this thread titled "Musk: 7-Seat Tesla Model Y Coming In December, Production Starts Next Month", you posted the same comment about 7 seater floor mats. The thread hadn't been posted in since February 2021.

In this thread titled "Model Y - Hands On", you posted the same comment. Not only was the last post before yours made in April 2020, 7 seaters weren't even available.

In this thread titled "7 Seater Pics and Details", you posted the same comment. Last post was made in August 2021 and the last post before that was April 2021.

In this thread titled "Question on trunk space for tesla 2021 7 seater", the last comment made was March 2021.

I get you want to market and advertise as much as possible, but out of respect for other forum users, could you at least check the forum topic and when the last post was before necroing old threads?
will do

Examples:

Yeah I just noticed this as well thanks to you.
Thanks for bringing it to my attention NEM.

I ordered the full 7-seat set and more back in July. I reached out to Tesla Mats and asked if there was any way I could at least get the front and second row mats until the rest were ready. They didn’t hesitate to accommodate me. Well, the first set that I received didn’t fit so well in the front (the second row mat was pretty good though), so I reached out to them again. They were very responsive and said that they’d send me a replacement set right away. Well, I received the new mats yesterday and they are 300% better than the previous set. Really perfect in every way. Both the front set and second row have great coverage and just look great. Many thanks to Tesla Shields, and looking forward to the rest of my order once they all get them in stock.

I ordered the full 7-seat set and more back in July. I reached out to Tesla Mats and asked if there was any way I could at least get the front and second row mats until the rest were ready. They didn’t hesitate to accommodate me. Well, the first set that I received didn’t fit so well in the front (the second row mat was pretty good though), so I reached out to them again. They were very responsive and said that they’d send me a replacement set right away. Well, I received the new mats yesterday and they are 300% better than the previous set. Really perfect in every way. Both the front set and second row have great coverage and just look great. Many thanks to Tesla Shields, and looking forward to the rest of my order once they all get them in stock.
Thank you for your feedback! Also interesting about a different set having a better fit. I will note this!

I acted as such because I have almost zero other reports of anything similar to your issue
I am not sure what you want me to do, as I originally looked into it by grabbing a few random units and checking a couple show cars at random tesla stores in my city to see if maybe something was off with our test bench cars. I found nothing of note besides minor variances between cars using the identical set of test mats. These observations support my theory that there were minor variances in tesla production and not a flaw in our designs.

I am sorry that you have a fit issue with your car, but unless I can substantiate your claims of a design issue with repeatable observations and reported data from customers, I am unable to devote a substantial amount of resources to chase this issue down by creating or testing new molds and samples for a handful of reported cases that may have nothing to do with the mats or production themselves.

Think of it this way: if this is a problem with a minority of cars, and we modify our mat to fix this issue with those cars, we risk having fit issues with the majority of our customers that were perfectly fine with the current design. If we have enough people with this issue, we could possibly create an alternate fit mat to solve it, but I do not yet see this, and I am unsure how to know which mats to ship to a customer who may have this issue. It's a catch-22...

Hmmm.. Mats that don't fit well, that's apparently not a real issue with Tesla shields, so you must be mistaken 🤣

Hmmm.. Mats that don't fit well, that's apparently not a real issue with Tesla shields, so you must be mistaken 🤣
You got us! It's a grand conspiracy just to piss you off and have you nitpick and complain on every post I make because me and Jason are on a yacht from our scam product presales that are totally fake. Foiled again by Wabsa!

Wait, are you the guy that only once contacted us to demand more money off? Man, tell me your order number, I will refund you and you can keep the mats. Go annoy someone else with your petty unconstructive attack-dog attitude. Go outside and be happy and spare us all this bad trolling.

• Funny
Reactions: zikronix
Hey guys I have a quick update for y’all. Model 3 2021 frunk mats came in and spent the day packing these up for you guys and will be sending them out shortly. Second, our inventory has arrived at port yesterday! Now we begin the process of devanning and customs!

Attachments

• 9E8BFB6E-61A2-495B-A66E-9BC681423D76.jpeg
    9E8BFB6E-61A2-495B-A66E-9BC681423D76.jpeg
    979.6 KB · Views: 112
  • 234C311D-2F57-48E3-B794-39CE0453331D.jpeg
    234C311D-2F57-48E3-B794-39CE0453331D.jpeg
    450.2 KB · Views: 91
Hey guys! We just got reviewed by Bearded Tesla Guy on Instagram and Twitter for our 7 seater trunk mat. A full length YouTube video will be coming out soon!

Hey guys! We just got reviewed by Bearded Tesla Guy on Instagram and Twitter for our 7 seater trunk mat. A full length YouTube video will be coming out soon!

So when can expect the actual 7 seater trunk and frunk mats to be delivered?

Reactions: mcsenerd