Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received 8.4 today. See below.

66611085-8B56-4F31-9A49-D0101CE15A90.jpeg

Got 8.4 today, was hoping it was going to have the super charger update for an upcoming trip, oh well.

Anyway on my way home from work approximately 35 miles I had 3 lane change aborts while on autopilot. Seems so far no better than 5.15

Did anyone notice that Supercharging ‘nearly complete’ warning is now happening at 72% instead of 80% in Tesla Mobile App? I’m talking about this message: “Supercharging is almost complete at <time> with battery at 72%”.

I’m not sure, however, if it is firmware-related or mobile app-related or maybe even Supercharger API/Back-End related.

Only difference detectable from 8.3 is that the freezing of all displays for like a minute followed by spontaneous reset while driving [crosses fingers] no longer happens, which I had been seeing twice a day and suspect may have been the main bug being squashed. AP behaviour is about identical AFAICT.

The download was a 162MB patch on 8.3, so a relatively small and quick update.
i have the screen freeze still even though i have the new version.

i'd rather stick with 7.11 any day.. Took a trip to tahoe this weekend together with another friend's model 3, he was charging much slower than i did at every supercharger stop.. (or i was pulling higher kW)

I'd love if they merged code branches and brought the faster Supercharging rates back into the branch of code 8.3 and 8.4 are in.

Reactions: chibi_kurochan
2019.8.4 bug - Drive info and GPS Nav not updating. Location froze while car drives. Only noticed after engaging EAP on the highway to note a 70kph limit. Stepped on the accelerator to keep pace with traffic while lane keeping did the easy stuff. Here are a few pics taken while on EAP.

Also, display's auto detect thought it was still day time o_O

Capture__001.PNG

Capture__002.PNG

upload_2019-4-3_9-44-24.png

2019.8.4 bug - Drive info and GPS Nav not updating. Location froze while car drives. Only noticed after engaging EAP on the highway to note a 70kph limit. Stepped on the accelerator to keep pace with traffic while lane keeping did the easy stuff. Here are a few pics taken while on EAP.

Also, display's auto detect thought it was still day time o_O

Reboot didn’t help?