Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2018.42.4 ccb9715

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I checked and there was a tiny bit of dirt on the cameras so I cleaned them. I also restarted the main screen by holding both steering wheel buttons. Notably I'd think dirty cameras would result in a warning and limited visibility not consistent false positives. That and this was not happening before installing 42.4 (and the car likely had the same small dirt then too)

Then I went for another drive. I'm definitely still getting false positive cars showing up like they are right next to me in the lane but the lane is empty. I'm also occasionally seeing a false positive car in the rear of me (rear view camera is crystal clear)

It wouldn't bother me if it was a momentary blip but these ghosts are persisting for several seconds at a time as if they are driving next to me and seem to impact auto lane changes ability to change lanes.
I have had weird artifacts like that, but usually when a car is near. (A car looking like it is actually colliding with my car, etc). I think generally that this is a bug with the current iteration of AP. However, surely if you are still having this phantom car problem quite often, maybe its time to bring it in to Tesla service. (P.S. Especially if it is making autopilot itself malfunction and not just some weird crap appearing on the display)

Was worried I might never get an update but on my way to work this morn it popped up. I so wanted to upgrade right then and there but decided it might be best if I wait till I got home this eve ;) Update over slow LTE took about 30 min and didn't have any issues. Immediately approved all new autopilot options. It mentioned not being able to use them until updating the maps via wifi but not sure where the button is for doing that. I don't have wifi so will have to visit the local tesla shop I guess. It also said new fobs were available instead of key cards... woot! Hate those cards.

I'm definitely still getting false positive cars showing up like they are right next to me in the lane but the lane is empty. I'm also occasionally seeing a false positive car in the rear of me.
I was noticing the display showing a car when there wasn’t one. Took me awhile to realize autopilot was picking up my hand when I was driving with an arm hanging out the window. I’m on 42.3.

This is critical info... Is it published somewhere? I used MBR thinking they wouldn't support GPT since they are stuck on FAT. They really need to support more stable hot-pluggable file systems.

I'm not so sure this ever mattered much. I switched from MBR to GPT back when I was on 39.x, and it made no difference. The drive would still end up corrupted. What did fix it was the update to 42.2.

Reactions: groovyd
MBR vs GPT never made any difference for me...on 39.7 got the gray x pretty quickly.

Now I've got a different issue on 42.3-

Plugged directly into a front USB port it has worked without issue for 3 days now.

But initially I had it plugged into a USB 4 port hub (that was plugged into a front slot). Also in the hub where the 2 phone charging cables in the front dock.

When I plugged they key into the hub the camera icon appeared, red dot, working fine it seemed.

Next time I started the car- no camera icon. Removing the key and plugging back into the hub and the icon came back- red dot, appears to be working fine.

Next time I start the car same thing.

So it WORKS plugged into the hub... but seems to forget it's there between car starts unless I remove/replug the key.

MBR vs GPT never made any difference for me...on 39.7 got the gray x pretty quickly.

Now I've got a different issue on 42.3-

Plugged directly into a front USB port it has worked without issue for 3 days now.

But initially I had it plugged into a USB 4 port hub (that was plugged into a front slot). Also in the hub where the 2 phone charging cables in the front dock.

When I plugged they key into the hub the camera icon appeared, red dot, working fine it seemed.

Next time I started the car- no camera icon. Removing the key and plugging back into the hub and the icon came back- red dot, appears to be working fine.

Next time I start the car same thing.

So it WORKS plugged into the hub... but seems to forget it's there between car starts unless I remove/replug the key.

Interesting hub finding because I had 2 media drives plugged in via a hub and sometimes it would index only one of the drives or the other but not both. sometimes i got lucky and it would index both but slow as all... basically another useless feature is media disks. i've programmed embedded systems media players and it really isn't that hard to do it right. wonder why they don't just fix these simple issues so you can plug in big media libraries and it just works. until then I decided to stick with just the streaming radio even though the audio quality is pretty poor.

Anyone else notice since the 42.4 update the car keeps an elevated interior temperature even while it is sleeping or off? Previously the inside temp would more or less follow the outside temp but since the update the inside consistently reads around 75f when it is 65f outside and my climate setting is for 72f. has me a little worried how the temp is climbing inside the car when it's sleeping. must be some serious vampire power drain going on somewhere. i have seen it as high as 78f with an outside temp of 62f recently, supposedly fully sleeping.

I am now on 42.4 and realized I can unplug the charge port when the car is locked. Prior I had to open a door to wake the car, then it would allow me to unplug the charge port. Now I can just walk up and unplug the charger. Much more convenient.

Also, is there an official thread where we can track software updates and changes? Or just find a thread with the software in the title and comment on there?