Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone! Can a Canadian returning to Canada from abroad, lease a Tesla and pick it up using a foreign license (UK)? Or, do I have to have the paper one and use that while waiting to reissue the proper license? Turns out Canada cancelled licenses after five years haha.
maybe you could, but idk if you could qualify for any rebates. Look into it first and maybe wait until you get a Canadian one.

You will most likely have to take a new road test. Unfortunately they will will treat you as a new driver and you will have very high rates for 5 years.
Yes, been there. Had to surrender a 10+ year european country license and get a new ON one which they refused to backdate to the same start date (even though I heard others had that done). Those first few years of insurance as a "new driver" were brutally expensive. It's so ridiculous I wouldn't be surprised if it's since changed, and certainly I see that some insurance companies (Inova via Costco I think is one) now ask about licenses from other countries instead of what most ask - date you got your G1/G2 (never had one) and when you got your full G.