Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FEELER: 2013 P85+ Loaded, lots of extras and ESA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm considering selling my 2013 P85+. Price is $80,000 firm. (I don't like haggling, I believe this is a fair price). If you're interested, please PM me.

Includes original options:
  • 2013 P85+ bought as Inventory car.
  • 41,000 miles
  • Performance Plus Package
  • Original color: Dark Blue Metallic
  • Tech Package
  • Factory warranty goes to 2/17/2018 and 58,000 miles
  • Black Performance Interior Seats w/red piping
  • Ultra-hifi Sound
  • Pano Roof (replaced with upgraded seals+tracks)
  • New Drive unit (replaced in 2016)
  • 21" Grey rims -- NON Staggered (8.5" rims all around with Hankook Ventus V12 245mm summer tires )
  • Carbon Fiber Décor
  • Yacht Floor
  • Carbon Fiber Spoiler
  • Second Charger
  • Smart Air Suspension
  • Lighting Package
  • Parcel Shelf
  • Range charges to 250 miles
  • And of course, free, lifetime Supercharging

Additions, Mods, enhancements:
  • Extended warranty (ESA) goes to 2/17/2022 and 108,000 miles ($4000 value)
  • 8-year Tesla Service Plan -- 6 annual services remaining -- this is the old plan that includes wheel alignment ($3000 value)
  • Belltronics STir+ hardwired and stealth radar detector with F+R Laser Shifters Pro (professionally installed - original cost ~$2,500)
  • @artsci's Front Camera kit
  • @artsci's Rear Applique controller (see: EV Appliques)
  • Original, non-modified Applique if you want to restore to original look
  • Full Autoflex dip ZTA Hypershift+Blueberry juice w/satin finish (see: Dipped my car: Autoflex Matte + ZTA Hypershift + Blueberry Juice )
  • Blacked out nosecone
  • LUKAS 5900-DUO Front+Rear dashcam 32GB
  • Tesla LTE Upgrade
  • Alcantara Dash pad
Does not include:
  • Folding mirrors (retrofittable, has the door harness)
  • Parking sensors (not really needed with front camera kit ;) )
  • Flux Capacitor

upload_2017-1-21_14-48-30.png

upload_2017-1-21_14-48-49.png

Last edited:
Extended warranty to 2022 and 100k miles, 6 annual service visits, and all the accessories.

I started with a base price competitive with anything Tesla is offering (or has offered in the recent past) and went from there. The ESA is worth $4k alone, and the service plan $3k. The drive unit was replaced last year, and the radar and other add ons are valued at a lot less than it would cost someone to have them installed. The Autoflex is also another factor since the color is unique and protects the original paint.

How did you come up with the pricing?
Here's a very comparable car currently for sale for $68,500, plus up to a $2000 delivery fee.

85 kWh Performance Model S 5YJSA1H14EFP37977 | Tesla

Add in the ESA and service plan ($7k), it's at $75,500. Add in all the other mods for $4,500, and you get $80k. The radar/laser and Autoflex alone cost more than that.

And you can't even buy the ESA/Service plan on the CPO car even if you wanted to.

It's a one-stop deal for a great condition P85+ with full warranty and annual service until 2022.

• Informative
Reactions: playoutside
Here's a very comparable car currently for sale for $68,500, plus up to a $2000 delivery fee.

Add in the ESA and service plan ($7k), it's at $75,500. Add in all the other mods for $4,500, and you get $80k. The radar/laser and Autoflex alone cost more than that.

And you can't even buy the ESA/Service plan on the CPO car even if you wanted to.

It's a one-stop deal for a great condition P85+ with full warranty and annual service until 2022.
I have the utmost respect for you and what you've done for this community but there's no way you're getting 80k for that car.

Extended warranty has a 200 dollar fee for every visit. Drive unit and battery warranty have 4 years left.

Your mods I'm sorry to say are worthless. They may have been worth it to you but they aren't to everyone else so you can't just assume someone will pay you for it.

I'd say 70k is the most you can get for your car, and even that's pushing it,

Reactions: HankLloydRight

That car comes with the extended warranty - no need to buy it.

It doesn't matter though. You have the right to ask whatever you want for your car.

Reactions: davidc18
I'm not a potential buyer of the Model S but I scan a fair number of For Sale: threads out of curiosity.
Typically these cars seem to depreciate about $1 a mile.
And mods in my experience return 25- 50%
Finally, this car is behind the technology curve, mostly related to AP 2.0

Unless the new price was a fair bit over 120k, I'm going to be quite surprised if it sells for $80k
And even then, prospective buyers will note that a NEW Model 75S is $75k.

Sticker price was $120k.
Then I understand where you are coming from, but as I added to my post above, a 259 mile range NEW 75S is $75k. So perhaps this comes down to finding a buyer who is willing to pay for the set of extras your car is carrying, and forgo AP 2.0, and their own custom choices.

Good luck with the sale; I promise to not add any more clutter to your thread.

Wow tough crowd!

Sounds like a hell of a car! I already have a P85+. If I was shopping for one, I would definitely value the dash cams, radar detector, front cam, LTE, probably the dip (would have to see it). Not sure about the appliqué though, never seen one.

You may want to offer it without the ESA too (judging by other posts, many people would rather the discount). If the service is cancelable/retro discounted, you may want to do that as well.

GLWS!

ESA isn't needed for the most part for CPO cars because they have a new 4 year, 50k mile warranty from their current mileage. The service plan, while a nice add-on, only saves $800 from the cost of buying annual service each year (plus with 2/8 services used, would equate to a $2400 value compared to purchasing the remaining 6 separately).

Your mods, while very nice and functional, may not add value to the sale for everyone (a lot of people shy away from vehicles with modifications). For people in the market, $80k on a vehicle that's pre AP, Pre Parking sensors, Pre Folding mirrors, may be a tough sell.

I'm assuming that you're selling to get into a newer Model S or X, so on the other end, if you put yourself in a buyer's position, I think it would be a hard sell if you were shopping for a Tesla and came across the choice of this blue wrapped classic, or a newer Model with less miles, and more factory features (including AP), it would be tough. My suggestion would be that if you could remove some of the add-ons to transfer to your new vehicle and lower the price, you might be better off. Good luck with your sale though, it's a great car that will sell for the right price.

Reactions: davidc18
Thanks for all your feedback. I know the price seems higher than average, and it's not meant to appeal to everyone. I am looking for a specific buyer who this car would appeal to.

I'm looking to upgrade to another Model S (used). I really don't think the ESA is refundable, nor transferrable to another car bought privately.

What price do all you think is a fair market price for this car?

Is $75k to high or is $70k really the best I can expect, even with the ESA, service plan, and installed extras?

And would the price change much if I pulled out the radar detector and dashcam?

thanks.

Personally I don't attribute any value to aftermarket add ons when comparing cars. I think you would be ok removing them and selling the car stock. Actually in the case of performance cars I feel a bit apprehensive about cars that have been modified as enthusiasts tend to drive their cars harder. I.E I would rather have a P100D that has been driven by a 65yo grandma then a 35yo male.

Reactions: Nismode
Depends how fast you want to sell it. You may get that price but it could take you a long time to get it - while keeping in mind every new feature that Tesla puts out and every mile you put on it depreciates the car even more.

My advice is to put it at the price you want - remove the no haggle and see what offers you get.

The aftermarket stuff only adds value to someone who is specifically looking for something like that. A new Tesla buyer is someone who typically wants to get into a high end EV car. It's a whole new world for them and it's doubtful they are thinking of radar detectors or other aftermarket stuff.

It's also doubtful an existing Tesla owner will buy your car as most are looking to upgrade to newer AP features/tech.

Good luck. Hope you get a lot for your car!