Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fastrak Flex California

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seen lots of posts on where to mount Fastrak Flex for M3 but not for Y, just wondering where folks mount their Fastrak Flex transponders that's not on their windshield, while still working? I used to keep my old Fastrak on the drivers side door compartment on my Lexus but it doesn't seem to always pick up there on the Y.

Seen lots of posts on where to mount Fastrak Flex for M3 but not for Y, just wondering where folks mount their Fastrak Flex transponders that's not on their windshield, while still working? I used to keep my old Fastrak on the drivers side door compartment on my Lexus but it doesn't seem to always pick up there on the Y.
The best location I’ve read is to put it on the neck of the screen (right behind the screen). You won’t be able to see it, it’s in obstructive, won’t cause a reflection on the glass. Perfect. It should read the transponder from that location.

Unrelated but for those using Fastrak in SoCal, can someone please explain which highways you can use Fastrak as a solo driver in the express lanes/hov. I’ve been using it on the 110 and 10. But my wife got pulled over on the 405 and the highway patrol said she cannot use it there and gave her a carpool violation ticket there. Wtf. It is incredibly confusing as many articles online since 2019 has said the 405 was proposed to be express lane capable. And there is no website that is clear on which roads you can use it. That’s California public works for you.

Unrelated but for those using Fastrak in SoCal, can someone please explain which highways you can use Fastrak as a solo driver in the express lanes/hov. I’ve been using it on the 110 and 10. But my wife got pulled over on the 405 and the highway patrol said she cannot use it there and gave her a carpool violation ticket there. Wtf. It is incredibly confusing as many articles online since 2019 has said the 405 was proposed to be express lane capable. And there is no website that is clear on which roads you can use it. That’s California public works for you.
Try this website

I do not see 405 listed so CHP may be correct there.

Reactions: Manbutter
There are literally signs all over the express lanes with Fastrak access. Signs, overhead cameras, scanners, and large digital signs with the demand-adjusted price posted. As you noted, all of those are present on the 110 and 10. How would one then extrapolate that you can just go into a HOV lane that lacks all Fastrak signage or scanning hardware or pricing? For the 405, you should have been ok though if you had a HOV sticker.

Reactions: alexcue
Try this website

I do not see 405 listed so CHP may be correct there.
Thank you. This is exactly the website I need.

I ignored this page even though it was the first link (search: LA Fastrak) because the website is bay area Fastrak and I assumed Bay Area was SF.

Second link useless.

Third link mentions: future 405 Fastrak express lanes. However, another link says that in the OC, some portions of the 405 already allow express lanes.

You can see my utter confusion then.