Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fan and light for 3rd Row of Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My kids love to sit in the 3rd row of our 7 seater Model Y (it’s their own secret space and they can exit & enter the car via their automatic door/liftgate), but often find it a challenge clicking-in their seatbelts at night due to the lack of interior lights back there.

They also say it’s hard to breathe due to the lack of airflow to the 3rd row (though this can be remedied by releasing the center seat back of the 2nd row down to allow airflow in). My biggest concern is when we occasionally have 7 passengers in car, they won’t have enough airflow to the 3rd row.

Does anyone have experience with this in the 7 seater Model Y and/or recommend good interior lights and fans for the 3rd row to make it more comfortable?

TLDR: I need recommendations for a good 3rd row light & fan for the Model Y.

This 12v fan seems to be the best solution for me at the moment. It kind of fits between the metal bars of the 2nd row rear seat headrest. I had to use a paper clip to remove the metal bar. The metal bar can almost clip back in.

The 6foot cord is just long enough to plug into the rear 12v and some more to barely tuck in the lines to 2nd row seat back mats. I’m missing maybe about a foot to make the lines an ideal length. Maybe I’ll get a short extender so I can hide the lines better under my floor mats.

Though fan is supposed to be one of the quieter models, there’s still a slight chopping sound (like all rotating fans have). Since it’s installed right behind the headrest, I hope it doesn’t drive the person in the 2nd row crazy.

It’s not the most ideal, just what I can find for now.

[https://a.co/d/dlQKF8j]

If anyone shares a similar experience, let me know and what you’ve done to make it better.

Upvote 0