Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Falcon door adjustment dilemma

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of a 2020 last December. It was perfect other than one falcon being slightly misaligned. It’s very minor but the rear seal does not sit 100% and a 5 inch section of it folds downward when I close the door. I can easily put in back in position when this happens.

i have an appointment next week to get it adjusted but I’m a little worried that they actually make it worse....maybe it’s unfounded but I have read a few posts where this as happened.

The thing is that I will very rarely use the doors. We are empty nesters and don’t really carry passengers. In fact, the rear seats have been used once in a month and a half. :).

that being said would you bother getting the door adjusted or would you just leave it.?Better yet, have the results been good if you have had to get yours adjusted in the past?

If it were me, I'd have it adjusted. I'm sure it goes well in 99% of cases, it's just that people don't post to forums to say "I took my car into service and everything went fine."

I had my FWD realigned after delivery. It wasn't a seal or noise issue, but you could tell the trim didn't line up... It was purely cosmetic. The SC realigned it no problem. I think you're overthinking it.

Reactions: wreighven
Get it adjusted. We had a misalignment at delivery which got worse with each use, up to the point where it when from poor sealing to the door catching on the plastic trim on the body and ripping it off (after 50ish open/close cycles and given how we were showing off the car, about 3 days).

Reactions: wreighven