Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fake news never ceases to amaze me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is seeking alpha related in any way to the Washington post or the New York Times?

Now, now, don't be coy. I know you said you were following Jim Chanos for years, and how great his shorts were, but hard to believe you'd just take his advice to short TSLA w/o doing at least a little independent research. And what better place than Seeking Alpha to get info about shorting TSLA!

Bummer about your short, by the way. You must be down, what, like 90, 100% by now? IIRC you were betting that they would botch the Model 3 ramp and use the profits to help buy a Model S. Oh well, maybe you'll still get lucky and they'll mess up and before you know it you'll be riding in style! Good luck man!;)o_O:D:p

If you don't think fake news is rampant, then you likely live under a rock...
In this case, the title was tell tale enough to know better than to fall for the click bait.

August Sales Are In: Chevrolet Bolt EV Out Sold Tesla Model 3 To The Tune Of 28:1
Seeking Alpha

Now, I guess technically speaking this might be true, but there is no actual data to base the story on yet. I know that the model 3 output is very slow due to the nature of the S curve that Elon has forecasted, but this headline is shameful. Amazing.
As you stated, while this is technically true, therefore not fake news, it is deliberately slanted with the intent of subterfuge and deception. SA has an agenda therefore needs to keep feeding the nonsense. Plenty of misinformed and just plain dumb people out there.

Many of you guys are actually false framing these opinion pieces as if they were purported to be news in the first place. They obviously aren't, so can't be considered "fake news". Almost embarrassing to have to point something like this out to folks.

Anton Wahlman is a private investor writing opinion based blog articles and has a vested interest in Tesla stock prices going down. This fact is also clearly stated on every single article to, presumably, help those lacking common sense discernment. But apparently all these disclosures, in addition to the clearly stated source of the info just don't sufficiently convey context. Such "willful ignorance", instead, is what should never cease to amaze.

"Disclosure: I am/we are short TSLA.

I wrote this article myself, and it expresses my own opinions. I am not receiving compensation for it (other than from Seeking Alpha). I have no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in this article.

Additional disclosure: At the time of submitting this article for publication, the author was long FCAU and GOOGL, and short TSLA. However, positions can change at any time. The author regularly attends press conferences, new vehicle launches and equivalent, hosted by most major automakers."

Many of you guys are actually false framing these opinion pieces as if they were purported to be news in the first place. They obviously aren't, so can't be considered "fake news". Almost embarrassing to have to point something like this out to folks.

Anton Wahlman is a private investor writing opinion based blog articles and has a vested interest in Tesla stock prices going down. This fact is also clearly stated on every single article to, presumably, help those lacking common sense discernment. But apparently all these disclosures, in addition to the clearly stated source of the info just don't sufficiently convey context. Such "willful ignorance", instead, is what should never cease to amaze.

"Disclosure: I am/we are short TSLA.

I wrote this article myself, and it expresses my own opinions. I am not receiving compensation for it (other than from Seeking Alpha). I have no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in this article.

Additional disclosure: At the time of submitting this article for publication, the author was long FCAU and GOOGL, and short TSLA. However, positions can change at any time. The author regularly attends press conferences, new vehicle launches and equivalent, hosted by most major automakers."

IMG_0675.JPG

lol again the incredible lack of discernment of what constitutes "news" is amazing. Btw, I typed in "Model 3" without "news" and got the seeking alpha article search result as well. Is that really how you go about finding news sources, or are you also being willfully ignorant?
Believe what you want, write what you want and where you want, it matters not. Good luck with your shorts. Sorry you feel the need to come to a Tesla forum to defend your SA Tesla slander piece and resort to insults. Have a good day.

Reactions: EVie'sDad
lol again the incredible lack of discernment of what constitutes "news" is amazing. Btw, I typed in "Model 3" without "news" and got the seeking alpha article search result as well. Is that really how you go about finding news sources, or are you also being willfully ignorant?

Unfortunately Seeking Alpha has wiggled themselves in there and attached themselves to legit news sources. E.g. if you go to CNBC.COM and type in TSLA and click on News, you'll see a bunch of links to Seeking Alpha articles, and they're giving the same exact same prominence as Reuters and New York Times.

If takes a while for most people to figure out that Seeking Alpha is just a free-for-all blog site, and not actual screened, verified content.

upload_2017-9-4_10-12-42.png

Believe what you want, write what you want and where you want, it matters not. Good luck with your shorts. Sorry you feel the need to come to a Tesla forum to defend your SA Tesla slander piece and resort to insults. Have a good day.

Huh? Did you guys go through a bad divorce that we're not aware off?

I don't see how you can Zenmaster's response can be seen as a defense of SA.

Huh? Did you guys go through a bad divorce that we're not aware off?

I don't see how you can Zenmaster's response can be seen as a defense of SA.

@deonb if I misread his initial post (#29), which is entirely possible, then I apologize. It read as a defense of the SA blog post, and it almost reads like he's the author of the piece in question coming here to defend it. I then basically replied as you did, though your post was way more in depth (and better). The response at #32 was negative no matter how it's read, and it was a direct reply to me. And if @zenmaster is not with Seeking Alpha, and is indeed just a fellow Tesla forum poster, then that sucks even more. I'm all for differing opinions, having disagreements and discussions regarding things, but I guess I thought coming to a Tesla forum to discuss all things Tesla with fellow enthusiasts wouldn't result in such negativity. Call me naive I guess. I need to spend less time on this forum...it's depressing.

"News" in this country has really gotten blurred. The lines between fact-based reporting and opinion have been lost. I'm not sure you can take this position anymore.