Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Factory PPF on New Model S ???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I watched a YouTube where someone was reviewing a newer Model S, and he was showing where the car actually came with PPF on the rear rocker panels. I can't find that YouTube again, but was wondering if this is actually true. Are there any of you Model S owners out there that have this feature from the factory? I have a new Plaid on order and was wondering what all I will get with it.

It is true, but it's not really enough in my opinion. Tesla is the only expensive car I've seen where there are painted surfaces basically inside the wheel well. The rear bumper bottom is also painted directly behind the tire. It's pretty ridiculous

Here is after market PPF (XPEL) for the new Model S, which covers more of the fenders + rockers area. Also the stock one doesn't cover the rockers at all, just a small part of the fenders:

Anyone know if there is factory PPF behind the Model S handles? I know there is some on the rear wheel wells which appears to be cheap and already yellowing a bit after only 2 months. I have a white S and noticed the area behind the door handles looks yellowish too so it makes me wonder if there is PPF there that was installed from the factory or if it is a paint issue. Thanks!

Anyone know if there is factory PPF behind the Model S handles? I know there is some on the rear wheel wells which appears to be cheap and already yellowing a bit after only 2 months. I have a white S and noticed the area behind the door handles looks yellowish too so it makes me wonder if there is PPF there that was installed from the factory or if it is a paint issue. Thanks!
I don't believe there is, but I just got a 1 week old Model S Plaid and noticed that it had factory PPF on the door handles themselves... not behind, but on them. Though it looks very very flimsy, probably no more than 3mil film.

So I just went back out and looked at my car in the sunlight and it definitely has PPF under the door handles. Hard to tell in some spots because it goes right to the edge. It looks like utter garbage though. They must use the absolute cheapest film possible for it to yellow after 2 months. The stuff on the rear wells looks pretty bad too. They should either put quality film on or nothing at all. Instead of the crappy film I wish they had put front mudflaps which I can't find anywhere.

So I just went back out and looked at my car in the sunlight and it definitely has PPF under the door handles. Hard to tell in some spots because it goes right to the edge. It looks like utter garbage though. They must use the absolute cheapest film possible for it to yellow after 2 months. The stuff on the rear wells looks pretty bad too. They should either put quality film on or nothing at all. Instead of the crappy film I wish they had put front mudflaps which I can't find anywhere.
Might be there to protect it only until delivery? Not sure...

Either way, you can replace it with high quality XPEL, both door handles & fenders/rockers:
Model S PPF

Might be there to protect it only until delivery? Not sure...

Either way, you can replace it with high quality XPEL, both door handles & fenders/rockers:
Model S PPF
Ya I just had the full front done in XPEL ultimate. I didn't notice the door handles then or would have had them change it. I do have a service appointment this week for other things and am going to have them look at it for the heck of it. It shouldn't yellow so quickly lol

Reactions: iyordanov