Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Exterior paint problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,
I would like to know some opinion on this. I purchased a 2023 Model 3 and I haven't had it not even a month, when I received the car the wheel alignment was off and it had some paint chips. When I received the car it had 15 miles on it. Well, I took the car in and they fix the alignment and the paint chip. Well, this is the first time the car has been cleaned I went to dry off the car and the hood is jacked up look at the pictures that are all over the hood. And it's other things also. Well when I request for them to fix it they want to charge me an estimate of $250. I can't believe it is this normal for the hood of the car. I even paid $1000 more for the blue color car.

Attachments

• 20230809_151753.jpg
    20230809_151753.jpg
    355.2 KB · Views: 110
  • Screenshot_20230809_152140_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230809_152140_Gallery.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot_20230809_152226_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230809_152226_Gallery.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 80
Hello everyone,
I would like to know some opinion on this. I purchased a 2023 Model 3 and I haven't had it not even a month, when I received the car the wheel alignment was off and it had some paint chips. When I received the car it had 15 miles on it. Well, I took the car in and they fix the alignment and the paint chip. Well, this is the first time the car has been cleaned I went to dry off the car and the hood is jacked up look at the pictures that are all over the hood. And it's other things also. Well when I request for them to fix it they want to charge me an estimate of $250. I can't believe it is this normal for the hood of the car. I even paid $1000 more for the blue color car.

Welcome to Tesla. Paint is not their strong suit.

The only thing worse is service.

Cut your losses and stay the hell away from the SvC.

Tip, a clear wrap may hide a lot of defects, and prevent some future ones.

Upvote 0
So you don't think they should correct the problem.
I don't think anyone thinks Tesla shouldn't correct the issue, however, Tesla are penny-pinchers and will do whatever it takes to not acknowledge fault so they don't lose money.

I cannot tell what is really wrong with the paint because of the reflection of the sun. It appears to be major swirls? If Tesla isn't playing ball, take it to a detailing shop and have them paint correct just the hood, or give it a try yourself if you have a polisher and some heavy compound.

It is far from ideal, but this is unfortunately what you bought into when you buy a Tesla.

Reactions: aerodyne
Upvote 0
Hello, thank you for your response. yes swirls many of them and some of them look dull as if no clear coat is applied. Unfortunately, an expensive car is like this also when I got the car the wheel alignment was off. I just didn't expect this from a well know brand. An Audi, Audi, Subaru, or Toyota brand new paint job on the car will not be there like this. So a detail shop could fix it? This is something Tesla doesn't advertise about one of their flaws is the paint job. And doing my research I missed finding that problem also.

Upvote 0
The problem with Tesla paint is that it's formulated to meet CA requirements which doesn't allow all those toxic chemicals which makes the paint better. There's a reason why there are no car factories in CA. I'm sure in order to save money, they use the same formulation for all plants including TX so no help there either.

A good paint correction at a detail shop might take most if not all of them out. Good luck!

Reactions: aerodyne
Upvote 0