Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the work on EVTripping...I've setup some donation. Keep up the good work.

A few things came to mind, first time actually playing around with it.

1. I noticed in the CAR STAT, you have recorded the Battery Degredation % and also sampling log of what is 90% charge = how many miles. Maybe there could be some usage of that information when using the route planning. At the moment, the route planning does not consider this information and routing based upon other information. It show 90% = 216 miles, where for me 90% now is 207 miles. This might make it a bit more accurate.

2. In the multi point routing, when it route you through a supercharger, you have calculated a suggested charge time shown in the "Current Route Details". I think enhancing this a bit by allowing the user to directly modify the charge time and have it re-calculate the would be cool.

3. What does "Power Adjustment " in the user preference do? WHat value should be here? I put 95% and the route wouldn't calculate correctly. I put 5% and it calculate the usage wrong.

Thanks for the work on EVTripping...I've setup some donation. Keep up the good work.

A few things came to mind, first time actually playing around with it.

1. I noticed in the CAR STAT, you have recorded the Battery Degredation % and also sampling log of what is 90% charge = how many miles. Maybe there could be some usage of that information when using the route planning. At the moment, the route planning does not consider this information and routing based upon other information. It show 90% = 216 miles, where for me 90% now is 207 miles. This might make it a bit more accurate.

2. In the multi point routing, when it route you through a supercharger, you have calculated a suggested charge time shown in the "Current Route Details". I think enhancing this a bit by allowing the user to directly modify the charge time and have it re-calculate the would be cool.

3. What does "Power Adjustment " in the user preference do? WHat value should be here? I put 95% and the route wouldn't calculate correctly. I put 5% and it calculate the usage wrong.

Thanks!

1) We allow people to enter their battery degradation but do not auto populate it. We've got 6,000 users but only about 10% connect their cars to the site so we need to support the ones that don't. Also, some do not want to use the calculated degradation for various reasons. So the simple thing is to put in your degradation and it will be more accurate for your situation (preferences, car preferences)

2) We have the concept of layovers where you can say how long you want to stay at a given location. We currently don't allow that on Superchargers (as you're not supposed to hang out there...). We've had requests to allow that anyway so we're looking into that. Would that do it?

3) Power adjustment means the calculations are off for you (too high or too low) and you want to tweak them. You're saying "adjust all power calculations by this %" which can have big changes on the routing etc. This was added mostly for those towing with Model X, people with canoes etc. Numbers like 5% would definitely not work.

On #2....

Auto calc, let say you need 10 minutes at the SC and that will bring your battery to 53%, enough to drive to next spot and arrived with 23% left.

Let say I want to tweak that SC waypoint and do 20 mins instead so when I leave that waypoint I'll have 65%.

This help guest and adjust accordingly how much total time you are spending so you can arrive at destination at specific battery % knowing there might not be a charger and you need a certain amount to leave from there

On #2....

Auto calc, let say you need 10 minutes at the SC and that will bring your battery to 53%, enough to drive to next spot and arrived with 23% left.

Let say I want to tweak that SC waypoint and do 20 mins instead so when I leave that waypoint I'll have 65%.

This help guest and adjust accordingly how much total time you are spending so you can arrive at destination at specific battery % knowing there might not be a charger and you need a certain amount to leave from there

One of the open feature requests is to be able to set a target charge level at each waypoint so that should help for this when I get to it.

Reactions: smilepak
I'm planning a trip from Little Rock to Atlanta, but the program keeps routing me through Texas, Louisiana and lower Mississippi before getting to Birmingham. I'm going through Memphis, Tupelo and Birmingham. I've tried to do it manually to no avail.

I'm planning a trip from Little Rock to Atlanta, but the program keeps routing me through Texas, Louisiana and lower Mississippi before getting to Birmingham. I'm going through Memphis, Tupelo and Birmingham. I've tried to do it manually to no avail.

Please send me the link via the "Share Trip" option and send to rob at evtripping.com.

Usually, the issue is too conservative a margin has been set and the car can't make one of the hops. Any margin above 12% or so is above the margin levels Tesla tries to preserve and is overly conservative to make some of the hops.

Sometimes the account connection goes invalid. I don't currently have notices going out for that as I was getting false indications and spamming people so I'm working on that. In the meantime, if you're not seeing data then do this:

It looks like the account connection is invalid. We’re getting an “Unauthorized” return code from Tesla for your car.

Go to your Tesla preferences on our site (EVTripping | Login) and uncheck “My Tesla connected” and press save (people miss the save step). This will totally disconnect the car (saves prior data). Then reconnect and press save. It doesn’t immediately test the connection due to the speed issues with Tesla but the raw car state should work after if the connection is established.