Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EVGo: $250 credit for the first 50 Tesla Owners that charge with CCS Combo 1 Adapter.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Russell

Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2012
Silicon Valley
Those of you that own a Tesla that is compatible with an CCS Combo 1 Adapter, be one of the first 50 users to charge at EVGo and get a $250 credit.

No tapping, no cards. Just plug in and charge.

Available on all EVgo fast chargers, including our high-power 350kW chargers, Autocharge+ lets you start a fast charging session in seconds.

With the Tesla CCS Combo 1 Adapter, Tesla Models S, 3, X, and Y are eligible to enroll in Autocharge+. First, log in to your Tesla account to see if your model is compatible with the adapter, then enroll in Autocharge+ via the EVgo app!

For a limited time, you can also enter to win a $250 charging credit by participating in our contest. Be one of the first 50 Tesla drivers with a CCS Combo 1 Adapter to successfully sign up for Autocharge+ and post a selfie at an EVgo station after November 15, 2022 at 9 a.m. PT. and receive a $250 EVgo charging credit.*

Here is how to enter:

1. Follow @evgonetwork on Facebook or Instagram

2. Log into your EVgo account in the EVgo app and enroll your Tesla in Autocharge+

3. Post a photo with your Tesla at an EVgo station using the hashtag #EVgoAutochargemyTesla

Note: The Tesla CCS Combo 1 Adapter is now available for use on the EVgo network. Tesla Models S, X, Y, and 3 will be eligible to enroll in Autocharge+ with this Tesla-approved adapter. Please review EVgo’s updated Terms of Service

*Contest begins November 15, 2022, at 9 a.m. PT and ends November 25, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. PT. The #EVgoAutochargemyTesla contest is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook or Instagram • EVgo is the primary (sole) host and sponsor of the # EVgoAutochargemyTesla contest • Contest open to U.S. participants age 18+ only • An EVgo representative will reach out to account holder via Facebook or Instagram direct message for your EVgo account information in order to deposit the credit into your EVgo account • $250 EVgo charging credit will be added to accounts of qualifying users who have provided EVgo with their EVgo account information after the contest period has ended. Note: Profiles must be set to ‘public’ for your post to be seen by EVgo.

Screenshot 2022-11-15 at 10.09.05 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-11-15 at 10.09.24 AM.png

Funny I got this too just came back from a charger could not get it to initialize kept saying error registering try again after one min. This is where Tesla and the superchargers have all others they just work no issues. I guess I will try at a different station later today but annoyed I went out of my way to try the new high power charger at a new location and it did not work. Now I will be stuck at a 50kW one so slowwwww. The other issue I find is if you do manage to find a new location with several of the 350kW stations you will find that all the 350 are taken up by cars like Nissan that cannot even take over 50. It's like they pull in and somehow think that the faster charger is going to charge their car faster even though the car cannot accept it. This is more of an emergency way to charge not actually practical for everyday or trips.

I tried using my CCS adapter at two 50 KW chargers at two different EVGO stations and it couldn't connect. Very frustrating since the adapter works fine at all the Electrify America stations (when the charger itself isn't broken).

Anyone have any luck using the CCS adapter at EVGO stations?

I tried using my CCS adapter at two 50 KW chargers at two different EVGO stations and it couldn't connect. Very frustrating since the adapter works fine at all the Electrify America stations (when the charger itself isn't broken).

Anyone have any luck using the CCS adapter at EVGO stations?
I had to go to 3 different EVgo stations finally found one that let me sign up. But then I was on a trip and tried to used the feature of just plug in and did not work again. Nice idea but does not seem to work at every station they have.

I just tried it and had mixed results. The 350w chargers didn't work. They would connect and start the charging and then just stop. No Charge; car states DC charging not available. There were two 350w units and 2 of the older units. The older units worked fine.

2020 Model X Raven with the Tesla CCS Adapter.