Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ever Think You're in Autopilot, but You're Not?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder whether it would be a good idea to have it not go to TACC when you take control by moving the steering wheel (that is, act the same way it does when you touch the brake)..

Problem there is the car would immediately go to max regen braking because you only grabbed the wheel and probably don't have your foot on the pedal.

Whereas disengage-via-brake means you're actively using the pedals right then and WANT a speed change.

Reactions: jdcollins5
Sort of related to that, I wish there was a smooth way to disengage just Autosteer, leaving TACC on. Wrestling the steering upsets passengers.

Yes. My wife usually says, "Whoa! Did you do that or the car?" I'm going to try to get into the habit of touching the brake in that situation. When you need to take over, I'm not sure there's enough time to play with the stalk.

Problem there is the car would immediately go to max regen braking because you only grabbed the wheel and probably don't have your foot on the pedal.

Whereas disengage-via-brake means you're actively using the pedals right then and WANT a speed change.

Good point.