Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New to posting here and hope this is the right area.

Does anyone own this or have any information/review on this splitter, or see any issue with it?

It has a breaker built in, 24 amp and 25 max draw. And I have a 14-50 adapter for my Gen1 Tesla charger and my dryer input plug is this particular one, as well as at the wall, so this the closest fit and cost ratio is good for me it seems. Automatic switching and all. Seems like a possible great choice for me. Any experience anyone with this particular unit?

Install of 14-50 is out the question due to cost/place I'm in, tried to have an estimate and let's just say they said the price for install and application here is not cost effective at all. Outrageous.

Some insight or guidance could be most helpful, anyone?

Thank you in advance!

New to posting here and hope this is the right area.

Does anyone own this or have any information/review on this splitter, or see any issue with it?

It has a breaker built in, 24 amp and 25 max draw. And I have a 14-50 adapter for my Gen1 Tesla charger and my dryer input plug is this particular one, as well as at the wall, so this the closest fit and cost ratio is good for me it seems. Automatic switching and all. Seems like a possible great choice for me. Any experience anyone with this particular unit?

Install of 14-50 is out the question due to cost/place I'm in, tried to have an estimate and let's just say they said the price for install and application here is not cost effective at all. Outrageous.

Some insight or guidance could be most helpful, anyone?

Thank you in advance!
I'd much prefer if that were splitting into two 14-30's. The way it is, when you plug in the EV it'll be looking for 32A, which is much more than the 24A it should be taking. You'll have to dial it back(in the car) and hope it sticks, or get a 14-50 to 14-30 adapter AND the 14-30 adapter for the UMC(which will then command the UMC to only take 24 amps.

Reactions: Rocky_H
Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply, from research that's much of the conclusion I've came to as well. Minus the additional adapter, for now.
I just need the UMC (Gen 1) 14-30 adapter, but locating one at a decent price is my issue now. ($30-50ish shipped perhaps).

At that point I think I may get a Splitvolt, or similar auto Splitter with two 14-30s and just do it the smartest and safest way possible.

Thank you

Upvote 0