Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Summon coming (Elon tweet 6 Apr, 2019)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if this was posted but EAP (Enhanced Autopilot) to FSD Discount secured. 3K Discount for EAP Purchasers.

View attachment 430862

Link to tweet: Elon Musk on Twitter
But it's not... its still listed as a $6k upgrade from EAP for me. I wasn't able to take advantage of the $2k upgrade since that wasn't widely communicated. It would be nice if they could make this a bit more transparent for owners...

The only detail about Advanced Summon that worries me is that
I RIDE my Nicki, I mean if s/he goes wo/manstrual on me, which
happens occasionally, in the form of that dread dropping out of AS,
I'm ready -- and whip it. Letting Nicki go unsupervised is like giving a
teenager the keys to the car. But I guess we've been there, done that.
Worst case they don't come back, you get a postcard from Burning Man,
maybe a photo of the lawn gnome in the desert.

zen-garden-gnome-xl.jpg

The only detail about Advanced Summon that worries me is that
I RIDE my Nicki, I mean if s/he goes wo/manstrual on me, which
happens occasionally, in the form of that dread dropping out of AS,
I'm ready -- and whip it. Letting Nicki go unsupervised is like giving a
teenager the keys to the car. But I guess we've been there, done that.
Worst case they don't come back, you get a postcard from Burning Man,
maybe a photo of the lawn gnome in the desert.

View attachment 432174
Do you live in a state or providence where the use of recreational drugs is permissible?

Interesting. It seems like whenever another automaker comes up with a new innovation, they always go for the least practical but flashiest solution. Unless I misunderstood, that entire parking garage is fitted with lidar sensors, and it communicates with the car? How many parking garage owners are going to retrofit their garages with that much tech? As opposed to a generalized solution from Tesla that should be able to park almost anywhere (as long as they keep working on the software).

Interesting. It seems like whenever another automaker comes up with a new innovation, they always go for the least practical but flashiest solution. Unless I misunderstood, that entire parking garage is fitted with lidar sensors, and it communicates with the car? How many parking garage owners are going to retrofit their garages with that much tech? As opposed to a generalized solution from Tesla that should be able to park almost anywhere (as long as they keep working on the software).
They explain in the video the most practical use for this may be to auto drive cars off the assembly line. That makes sense

So, they need to retrofit garages and cars for it to work? That doesn't seem expensive at all!

What's even the point? They already have automated parking garages - you just pull in to the garage bay and the garage whisks the car away. The system can fit a lot more cars within the same square footage (and no need for ramps everywhere). No need to retrofit the car. City of West Hollywood has one and I have seen them in Europe as well.

West Hollywood Automated Parking Garage | U-tron by Unitronics

As far as I can tell, the car needs certain hardware and software and the garage needs to be retrofitted with lidar. So it only works in certain garages and only for certain cars. Sure, it might work great but it's not very practical and it's definitely not a general solution. I doubt many garages will go to the expense of installing the system. The application will be very limited. Tesla's solution is better because Tesla just needs to finish the software and then all Teslas can navigate any parking lot or parking garage any time without the need for any additional hardware.

I have AP2 hardware, but only paid $2500 for regular AP. I wonder if they will offer me a discount. During the last FSD upgrade sale no offers showed up in my Tesla account. By the time I called Tesla to ask about it, the sale was over.

From my understanding, the discount only applies to owners who purchased EAP (Enhanced Autopilot) now a legacy software which was $5000 and with current pricing of FSD at $6000 and the discount for them would be at $3000.

From my understanding, the discount only applies to owners who purchased EAP (Enhanced Autopilot) now a legacy software which was $5000 and with current pricing of FSD at $6000 and the discount for them would be at $3000.

It would be nice if discounts were made based on price paid prior to AP becoming standard, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Prices increased $2,000 when AP was made standard, which makes FSD effectively $8,000 for new owners. I paid $3,000 for AP, which would make FSD effectively $9,000 total.