Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Anti-theft Upgrade Video Demo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Huh! It might have been part of the package. I bought a demo car from inventory which had a lot of extra features. I haven't added anything yet. I suppose when the spring and summer arrive I'll flip off the Anti-theft and opt for cabin overheat.
I believe cabin overheat protection is stock. Security is too Enhanced Anti-theft (Tilt/intrusion) is a $350 add on from Tesla’s online store. Some limitations for year of car...
Model X Product Link:
Model X Enhanced Anti-Theft

Model S Product Link:
Model S Enhanced Anti-theft

Model S Product Description:

Model S Enhanced Anti-theft

Increase your vehicle's protection with active sensor technology designed to detect motion inside the cabin as well as sense if the vehicle is moved or tilted. It will warn against potential theft with an audible alarm.

Includes:

1 x Sensor Assembly

2 x Window Decals

Price includes shipping and installation at Service Center

Customers will be contacted by the Service Center to schedule an installation appointment.

Note: If your Model S has a Light Headliner, but you are not sure whether you have a Cream Premium Interior or a Tan Leather Interior, you can look at your vehicle build date which is found on a placard on the inside of the driver door.

Model S built on or after 10/16/2017 with a Light Headliner have a Cream Premium Interior, while Model S built on or before 10/15/2017 have a Tan Leather Interior.

Not compatible with any Model S built before September 16, 2015

I believe cabin overheat protection is stock. Security is too Enhanced Anti-theft (Tilt/intrusion) is a $350 add on from Tesla’s online store. Some limitations for year of car...

My Model S was delivered from stock in December 2018 with 500 miles on the odometer. The order agreement mentions no security packages, unless it were part of the "Premium Upgrades Package."

So that would give the appearance that I'm seeing the stock security alarm, and turning it on does preclude cabin overheat protection.

On your vehicles main menu, you will see a selection safety and security, second from the bottom. I don’t know when this was implemented, so it might be possible that it depends on what version of the firmware you have. It should look something like this image. You should have the Security Alarm option, however you will not see the tilt/intrusion (Enhanced Anti-theft).
I believe the security alarm option is set to off by default but I’m not positive.
98F472E6-C24E-4B17-8C2D-309D638EF441.jpeg

I just sent the message below to Tesla via the escalation link in my account. The last time I did this was when I requested a change in the Easy Entry feature, so it would not initiate until after the seatbelt was unbuckled while in park. I was amazed that they actually did it, and fairly quickly. Hopefully, they will be as responsive to this, if they think it makes sense.

I had Enhanced Anti-theft installed on mu 2018 Model S 100D last week. I have had a chance to do some extensive testing that has helped myself and others to understand its use. I posted 2 videos on YouTube. The first one has had over 1,5000 views, so this is obviously of great interest to the Tesla community.

Please take a look at the 2 videos I posted on YouTube
Playlist Link:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwN--Cvo1lxWjAl3fA4HoDf7Usmi4wlgH

Individual Video links:
Tesla Enhanced Anti-theft Upgrade Demo

https://youtu.be/jqe5AFEHW2w

Tesla Enhanced Anti-theft Upgrade Demo Part 2

https://youtu.be/jg5aSqJI3q0

I have a suggestion that I believe will improve its usability.

As you will see in the Part 2 video, if a passenger is left in the vehicle without the key fob, it appears that the Tilt / Intrusion feature is temporarily disabled and their motion within the cabin will not trigger the alarm. If, however they later exit the vehicle the alarm will be triggered when the front door is opened.

(Oddly, this did not seem to be the case with the back door)

My suggestion is to add an option to temporarily disable security if any of the seats are occupied after a walk away or manual lock takes place and delay locking and the activation of the security system until after all seats are vacated.

I had to delete and re-upload Part 2 video due to technical issues:
New Upload:
Wow!
Over 18,000 views plus over 1,100 on Part 2
Please Subscribe. I have several more after market product reviews coming.
Tesla Enhanced Anti-theft Upgrade Demo

Yet another issue with this video again
Had to delete and re-upload again.
Sorry again for the inconvenience... argh argh argh...

New upload:

Yet another issue with this video.
Had to delete and re-upload again.
Sorry for the inconvenience... argh

New upload:

Great information!
Side question: How long was the actual installation appointment? Is it just a plug-and-play and software update or do they need to run new wiring, etc.?
Seems like it would have been an easy while you wait install. Although NOT quite “plug ‘n’ play”
My case wasn’t typical. Had my windshield replaced and a door rattle fixed. So overnight with a loaner. However, after seeing the part removed. Just 2 plugs. Looks like it snaps into the headliner without any additional fasteners. The time consuming party was the hardwired laptop - can software installation (specific to new part installed,not firmware). Also needed to reinstall firmware. (Same version I already had)

Seems like it would have been an easy while you wait install. Although NOT quite “plug ‘n’ play”
My case wasn’t typical. Had my windshield replaced and a door rattle fixed. So overnight with a loaner. However, after seeing the part removed. Just 2 plugs. Looks like it snaps into the headliner without any additional fasteners. The time consuming party was the hardwired laptop - can software installation (specific to new part installed,not firmware). Also needed to reinstall firmware. (Same version I already had)
Thanks for the information. I'm taking my X in tomorrow and I told them I need a loaner...just incase.