Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

End of quarter delivery disruption coming up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered about a week ago (November 16) with an ETA of June 2022. A few days ago, it leapt up to "December 16 - December 31, 2021). I will definitely be delaying (or canceling if I have to) as I am only moving forward with the purchase if I get the tax credit. I would have never, ever imagined that it would move up seven months. I guess it's because of the amount of people delaying/deferring. As much as I'd love to have the MY by EOY, I'm not leaving $7,500-8k on the table. If I go to the back of the line, that's totally understandable—I was expecting June 2022 anyway (hoping for sooner, but not "December 2021" sooner).
Sounds like you should just get a Mach E which is actively eligible for $7500 credit now if you definitely need any tax credit to afford an EV. Senate adjourned for the year, punting any vote on the bill into congressional oblivion, and with stalwarts like Manchin in office, anything could happen, but it won’t be any time soon. Buy a car if you need or want a car, or don’t if you don’t. Simplifies it for me, hope it does for you too.

I may be against the grain on this one, but I don't think Tesla should let people delay delivery for this reason. When you order, you're fully aware of the current pricing and any incentives. Depending on when you ordered, the price increases may negate the point of sale or tax incentive offered anyways. If you're not happy with what is offered when you order, then you should wait. Either take delivery based on the financials of what was offered when you ordered or cancel and move to the back of the line.
👍

Reactions: dduffey