Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But he seems to have a favorite:

attachment.php?attachmentid=3385&d=1320963428.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=3386&d=1320963428.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=3387&d=1320963428.jpg

1453a4d6e79b60cd30e2_Elon Musk-1.jpg
ArtDula_and_ElonMusk.JPG
images.jpg

just listened to an interview again elon gave in 2009.

Elon Musk: a founder of Paypal, Tesla Motors, and SpaceX - IEEE Spectrum

what does he say at 1.33?

"...so if something is important to fit on the evolutionary scale itself, it is important on a scale that goes beyond the procal/procure/procol(?) concerns of humanity."
I think he says 'parochial', as in limited in scope or outlook.

In other words the importance is beyond an achievement of humanity, it's an achievement or evolutionary 'tick-mark' for all of life as we know it.

Typical modest Elon :wink:

well he doesn't have to be, right:smile:
I mean while he could just "sip mai tai on a tropical island" he brings his extraordinary brain and most of his precious lifetime into service to tackle earths biggest problems:love:

Just hope that he devotes himself to fusion after that little thing about rocket reusability has been achieved:)

Plus I also think that these idiotic knockout arguments a la poor children in Afrika beeing more important than innovation and progress are :cursing: annoying
Elon is quite often confronted with these starry eyed idealists in Q&As and is even answering them a bit too diplomatic and patiently imho.
Not that I want to imply that in your post rabar10, just wanted to get that of my chest anyway.

Last edited:
Plus I also think that these idiotic knockout arguments a la poor children in Afrika beeing more important than innovation and progress are :cursing: annoying

Perhaps helping people who are in need and aren't able to help themselves would show more human progress than making a reusable rocket. I guess it depends on how you view progress. Personally, I think both are important. We shouldn't ignore people who are suffering when we could help, even if they don't live in our own country. We also shouldn't stop our own technological innovation because, among other things, technological innovation gives us the funding to help other people in the first place.

Perhaps helping people who are in need and aren't able to help themselves would show more human progress than making a reusable rocket. I guess it depends on how you view progress. Personally, I think both are important. We shouldn't ignore people who are suffering when we could help, even if they don't live in our own country. We also shouldn't stop our own technological innovation because, among other things, technological innovation gives us the funding to help other people in the first place.

It's a false choice. Are we to stop all non-aid related economic activity? Then we'd all be in need.

It's a false choice. Are we to stop all non-aid related economic activity? Then we'd all be in need.

Exactly. If we stop working on EVERYTHING that isn't the top-most problem we won't see ANY progress -- primarily because there will be arguing for years over just which cause is most important. Take care of the world you know, then expand.

Musk unbound - San Francisco Business Times

I didn't even know he had a twitter account:

Not that this really matters. All current rocket tech, including ours, sucks. Only when it becomes fully reusable, will it not suck.

We built powerful information weapons to fight enemies of liberty. Now those enemies are largely defeated, but the weapons remain.

Hacked my Tesla charge connector on a small island in the rain last night #whatcouldpossiblygowrong

Status
Not open for further replies.