Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember a Seinfeld episode with a jacket and a pink lining, but I can't say for sure that those lines were uttered...

Okay, at least someone tried. Time's up, though.

It's from Episode 1 of the 1999 BBC-television series of Horatio Hornblower, "The Duel". Captain Sir Edward Pellew tells our hero:

"You have had your duel. That is good.
Never have another. That is better."

It's from Episode 1 of the 1999 BBC-television series of Horatio Hornblower, "The Duel". Captain Sir Edward Pellew tells our hero:

Heh... I actually watched the first episode and those lines sounds somewhat familiar... but I think that was the only episode I saw...

I wouldn't have guessed it in a hundred years though - LOL!

Oh man... I used to be such a Hornblower fan... I've read all the books, more than once. But in German. So the quote didn't connect at all :-(

Context is everything, I knew the quote well, but I just could not for the life of me place it. (somehow a Napoleonic era naval vessel seems a long way away from anything Elon is involved in!)
I'm really sad that they never completed the TV series, but then again, as with all things, the novels are definitely better.

No!!!!

Screen Shot 2015-04-22 at 12.05.35 PM.png

I can see KimYe buying a Model X. I'm pretty sure most very public celebrities will buy a Model X because of the falcon doors. There is an inherent drama to the doors that will appeal to anyone that wants public attention. Combine that with the convenience they bring to transportation and you have a huge hit on your hands.

I hope Elon didn't get dumber by association.
More likely: He felt like he'd just jumped another 50 IQ points...

I know I feel pretty smart when I watch the goldfish in the tank at my dentist's office...

- - - Updated - - -

Have no idea who the people to his right are.
If you're being serious, you have elevated yourself in my eyes higher than you know... Perhaps there is hope for the world after all.

They're clearly out celebrating having been informed of their selection as the top two special humans for the one way trip to Mars ..

Of course, they will need to do some training, and the next Falcon launch and barge landing is not far off. They know their importance will double the media attention. The flight engineers have already applied a butt-mass correction factor to the fuel load and are probably searching for enough supplies as I type.

And here I was thinking they'd just need special wide bucket seats in the launch vehicle (much wider than the Next Gen's...) - but you're probably very right and my simple thought was, in HINDsight, quite naive... :cool:

Not sure how far out to sea that barge is, however I suggest they allow for at least an extra 100 miles of blast radius, just in case, God forbid, The butt lets rip if there's a tragic mishap. Maybe they should build a special blast containment suit as well. Perish the thought and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.