Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fun with Tesla and Elon Musk in the American Media

Been following Tesla and Elon Musk in the media for a while now. I’ve been both annoyed and amused at how often the American Media get things confused. Forget the NYT article, my favorite was the Fox News woman that said the Model S can only go 16 miles and then has to hit a supercharger! And all those journalist that write ‘breaking news headlines’ about things that Elon has spoken of years ago. “Breaking News: Elon Musk says he will make a 30K electric car”…like he hasn’t been saying that for what, at least three years, in his ‘secret’ business plan?” –​“Breaking news: Obama beats Romney and readies for a second term”. I mean really, you’re a journalist right, aren’t you supposed to find news, not history?”

So what I’m imagining now is how fun it will be if Elon actually does go public with his details on the hyperloop. 10 years into Tesla Motors and American Media still can’t understand the electric car technology; can you imagine the headlines for the hyperloop? “Elon Musk used magic medicine to allow people to sleep through a long train ride from LA to SF. Riders wake refreshed and feel like the ride only took ½ hr”. Of course Elon always says that he starts with first principles of physics, so if he starts trying to explain physics principles to the American Media we’ll get headlines like’ “Billionaire Tony-Stark-Like Elon Musk proves with enough money you can break the first three laws of thermodynamics”. I don’t know about you, but I can’t wait. Just hoping the amusement of their errors outweighs the annoyance.

Last edited:
Joy Of Tech: Elon Musk meets Telsa's Ghost

The Joy of Tech comic... Elon Musk meets Telsa's Ghost

1888.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.