Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk on The Joe Rogan Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was listening to it again and all that comes to my mind:

a) Elon has changed significantly since the last interviews (publicly held) to the negative -> more stressed and depressed / doesnt have any more answers, laughs seldom

b) Elon is deeply concerned about something in his life and distracted - whatever it is (I am guessing SEC investigations, lawsuits, TESLA etc.)

For me, the interview was an absolute negative and Elon should have not made this interview. It just showed a "broken Elon Musk" and this is not what shareholders want to see. He is still alive - yes - but he truly seems to be depressed and concernced about something deeply. This is an alarm signal.
Nonsense. Elon is not required to act every moment of his life as the CEO of Tesla and only worry about stock value. I've been watching Elon interviews for over ten years and found nothing concerning in this one.

He didn't even inhale.

elonweed.gif

Wtf is wrong with people here? Giving reviews of an informal, wide ranging discussion of life, the universe, and everything? Complaining that he didn’t talk Tesla much? Projecting that he was tired and stressed when he clearly had a smile on his face at interview start and was joking much of the first 10 minutes?

Take the interview for what it is and move on. Not your cup of tea? Fine, but don’t complain about it. Elon and Joe were right, social media is toxic (including TMC here).

Didn’t you get the subtext of the whole interview? Elon doesn’t give a f*ck about what you think about Tesla. He’s making fun cars that people want to buy (that also dont harm the environment). If you aren’t one of those people, go bug someone else.

In general I thought Elon did fine, though I wish he had pushed back and challenged Rogan some more, especially in the last 30 minutes.

Rogan's questioning, as someone else mentioned upthread, got fawny and sappy towards the end. He also held on to a belief that Elon does everything and Elon *is* Tesla and SpaceX. Unfortunately, Elon didn't set Rogan straight that there are thousands of smart people doing great work at both companies and that it is the team not Elon himself, that is the thing to marvel. It's a movement. I think it would have been a fitting end to the interview to go out on such a note, but Rogan kept fawning over Elon and Elon's ego was ok with not setting Rogan straight. Chalk it up to a late night interview involving drinking and smoking, on a busy weeknight in a typical crazy work week.

I may be the biggest Elon fan on this forum but this decision, in my estimation, was not a good sign for Elon continuing as ceo, I think almost an acknowledgement that he no longer wants to be ceo. I would have preferred he controlled the narrative.

Sadly, I think Elon is hurting more than he let’s on.

And this isn’t about weed, though I certainly don’t know how he could maintain his level of functioning while using regularly. Though some folks can pull it off I suppose (i would have eaten all the Cheetos and California by now) My guess is that they’ve already started looking for new ceo and he is giving a big f you to the board.

Ah oh well,

I'm neither a fan nor a foe of Mr. Musk. I think he's a visionary and no matter what else you can say about him, he's done things to revolutionize industries (yes, plural) in a shorter time than just about anyone else I can think of. The products that his companies produce are generally incredible and without rival. I couldn't care less about his personal behavior, his tweets, whether he inhales or not, what the definition of is is or anything else the talking heads want to dwell on.

My view is that if you want to be a part of the circus that is social media and the 24 hours news cycle, this kind of thing is for you. For me, though, as a non-shareholder but a purchaser of Tesla products, this stuff means nothing. In fact, I see his company delivering on many of its promises (promises that, I may add, are so far outside of the realm of what others are doing as to be worthy of that phrase I used above--revolutionary). If he wants to go on podcasts and say a few weird things, great. Who cares? If you don't like the way the media (social and otherwise) make a mockery out of things, just ignore the media.