Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electrical Protection for MYLR with Light Upgrades

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi! First time posting, but I'd like to add multiple lighting upgrades to my MYLR, but as far as I heard the tail lights/headlights/foglights/etc are all wired to the 12v which is down stepped from the main EV battery.

All the lights I'd buy are already plug/play with the OEM plugs, but my main concern is that they could cause electrical issues/feedback/etc and cause a ripple effect of some sorts (I know nothing of electricity in cars) and blow the hell out of the EV's system, along with my warranty >.>

I'm in Canada and Tesla up here in no uncertain terms says if anything electrical goes wrong with my system they sure as heck will blame it on the lights.

How can I protect the system?

For reference I wanted to add all the lights in this picture, along with foglights and potentially headlights.
1696142034664.png

Opinion: If you truly "...know nothing of electricity in cars..." I would be hesitant to continue with your upgrades. The risks are simply too high, especially with the risk of losing any Tesla warranty coverage.

Electrical advice given on any forum is limited by the skill of any installer (you?), and is limited even more by the unknown quality of the components you intend to install.

YOYO! (You're on your own!) ;)