Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dug.. Dug noise from front of the vehicle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

Today I notice a unusual noise from front floor area. it only happens after few kilometres of driving and when I get into driveway (my driveway is steep) on slow speed, also happens when run over speed bump on slow speed. it sounds like when you press squeeze plastic drum and while it return to original position ( dug .. dug)
its very hard to record but you can feel it on floor, like something is getting squeeze under floor and returning to its position.

Yes, we have the same type of noise when it's cold with our MYP. The SC checked ours out and gave us the same determination. It's nothing to worry about, but yes, I wish it didn't do it either. FYI, the SC will not add the insulating foam any longer, as they said it wasn't a consistent fix. YMMV

Hi guys

Came across your discussion above and from your descriptions, this sounds very much like what I‘m experiencing from the FR of my 2022 M3 when I traverse my driveway lip (at slow speeds) as it dips to meet the crossfall of the road. It however may not be the same so I’m keen to verify with y’all.

Appreciate if you could pls take a listen & let me know if it‘s the same sound as above. The SC hasn‘t been helpful and I’m none the wiser as to whether my vehicle has a defect or not.

Thanks v much

From inside veh reversing out of driveway

Outside veh turning left into driveway

Hi guys

Came across your discussion above and from your descriptions, this sounds very much like what I‘m experiencing from the FR of my 2022 M3 when I traverse my driveway lip (at slow speeds) as it dips to meet the crossfall of the road. It however may not be the same so I’m keen to verify with y’all.

Appreciate if you could pls take a listen & let me know if it‘s the same sound as above. The SC hasn‘t been helpful and I’m none the wiser as to whether my vehicle has a defect or not.

Thanks v much

From inside veh reversing out of driveway

Outside veh turning left into driveway
Sounds like droplinks

Cheers for your response HonchoNI.

Ah right, that would be consistent with the noise appearing under body roll when the car turns and the sway bar is in effect. I hadn’t considered drop links, I admit I honed in on the FUCA given the coverage on that.