Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver-side window auto-open/close not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed the driver-side window auto-open/close (lifting the button all the way, or pushing it all the way down) wasn't working. It was operating like the manual open/close setting where it would stop after letting go of the button. Got a tip to sit in the car with the door shut, put the window all the way down, lift and hold the button to close the window all the way, then once closed, hold the button up for another 5 seconds. It does some sort of recalibration on the window controller and seemed to fix the issue for me. Hope this helps others that run into this problem! :)
Oh man. You saved me a lot of aggravation. I was trying out the vent mode on my model 3 and 3 out of the four windows lowered. The passenger window stayed up. Followed your steps exactly and it worked. I suspect it got throw out of calibration because I recently had the windows tinted. Thank you so much for posting this little nugget of information.

I noticed the driver-side window auto-open/close (lifting the button all the way, or pushing it all the way down) wasn't working. It was operating like the manual open/close setting where it would stop after letting go of the button. Got a tip to sit in the car with the door shut, put the window all the way down, lift and hold the button to close the window all the way, then once closed, hold the button up for another 5 seconds. It does some sort of recalibration on the window controller and seemed to fix the issue for me. Hope this helps others that run into this problem! :)
This worked thank you so much !

Thank you, this worked on my 2022 Model X

Muchas gracias por el consejo después de años sigue funcionando