Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dr Taras' Model S gets customized!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice work Dr. T and Al & Eds!

While it is not the style I would pick for my car (a little strong for me to feel comfortable driving it), I can definitely see the appeal.
I find it eye catching, strong, and aggressive, without being too much (except maybe the wheels, it would take some time getting used to them).
I like the way the black and brushed aluminum work together, particularly the "Tesla" on the doors and the black covering the chrome on the mirrors.
I also like the way the black makes the nose cone look more integrated and less like a "nose."

Keep the pictures coming! Would love to see more of the interior work you've done.

Tesla joins NASCAR

Looks like the two-tone genre is catching on @ NASCAR...
tesla nascar.jpg

Of course its from an April Fools Joke article in Edmunds

Not a problem. I realize that there are 31 flavors of ice cream & although I like Rocky Road, its not a huge crowd favorite.
I'm hoping that by engaging people in a different and distinctive look, we may pull in a few more newbies into this BIG Tesla tent by starting the conversation!

As for the two-tone, its kind of like picking names for kids. Everyone has their preconceived notion of what a "Pricilla, Biff, or Sven" looks like based on their past experiences,
but yet you need to realize that when you make it your own, it will take on a whole new personality. I like to look at it as a disruptive design!
If I'm catching flack, I must be over the target!

Here's a picture, just e-mailed to me (by someone who's been lurking) & I saw for the 1st time a few hours ago.
I'd say that Bugatti can not be considered a cheap car manufacturer!
This is the ad as posted in Motor Trend Magazine - The same magazine that made the Tesla Model S it's 2013 COY by unanimous decision!
View attachment 19359

- - - Updated - - -

Teriyaki88... Congrats! I'm so excited for you! The first time I congratulated you was on your first post (which was on this thread)
and now in your 2nd post you've pulled the trigger! That's got to be some sort of record? :love:

The plate was "HCKY FVR" as they only allow 7 letters.
After getting a bunch of blow back about hickeys, I eventually changed it to "HOKY FVR" which I still have on my wall!
Of course, its changed now to the one you see on my avatar to the left :wink:

You're definitely a classy guy, doctor... The Bugatti IS beautiful, and you are correct: your customized look is a disruptive innovation... and, for that, I applaud you... Still hoping to see your distinctive car around the Valley.

You're definitely a classy guy, doctor... The Bugatti IS beautiful, and you are correct: your customized look is a disruptive innovation... and, for that, I applaud you... Still hoping to see your distinctive car around the Valley.

It's all personal taste. I hate the Bugatti, it just looks like random excess to me. The model S workover isn't to my taste, but it has a well defined and distinctive american muscle car feel. Since you could argue that's what the Model S is, I think it works.

Dr. T it looks like you have your electric American muscle car.Enjoy it.Last month I was getting my Model S wrapped with Suntek PPF and the shop in Boca was putting a chrome wrap on a little Bugatti.The new owner of the Bugatti didn't like the two tone black and blue and asked them to do the chrome.BTW, he bought the car at an auction for only 900,000 dollars.Let's see if I can attach a few photos...

why r your pix so much better than mine VFX?
maybe its the 'V' in 'VFX?'
thanx for posting!
I plan on giving you ball park numbers and lists of what I did, but first I need for it all to soak in and now I have to hit the manuals. For instance, I know my drive-cam has streaming video to my smartphone but I'm not sure yet how. Also, I want to give you some honest feedback as well, so that's all coming. Stay tuned!
I respect your efforts Dr. T. Sorry for any insult... none intended.
I've got pretty thick skin and now so does my car! No worries :wink:
Will they sell just that side Tesla strip?
Not sure. I know that they've been shipping those mats across the country, but not sure about the strip. You can PM Elie (A-E) but I know that he's swamped!

Dr. T it looks like you have your electric American muscle car.Enjoy it.Last month I was getting my Model S wrapped with Suntek PPF and the shop in Boca was putting a chrome wrap on a little Bugatti.The new owner of the Bugatti didn't like the two tone black and blue and asked them to do the chrome.BTW, he bought the car at an auction for only 900,000 dollars.Let's see if I can attach a few photos...
Looks like he got it on the cheap!
Then he had to individualize it!
Things that make you go hmmmm!

Nice work Dr. T and Al & Eds!...
Keep the pictures coming! Would love to see more of the interior work you've done.
Anything in particular? I've been posting interior shots along the way. Were you looking for something that you were waiting on a 'finished' shot? :confused:

VFX that is one truly lethal photo, well done.

Okay... this Model S transformation really reminds me of one of the coolest movie villains ever, it was the police officer (liquified silver and black) T-1000 in Terminator 2. After this infamous attack scene (check the clip below), if the T-1000 were to jump into his futuristic-robot bad lieutenant police car, Dr. T's would definitely be the one...

Last edited by a moderator: