Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the stock suspension have adjustable camber top mounts when lowering?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the stock suspension have camber adjustable top mounts when lowering? I'm doing a lot of miles so don't want to shred through expensive 20 inch Michelin tyres if the camber isn't adjustable after lowering the car?
If not, are the top mounts expensive? I dont have great knowledge of suspension, so apologies.
Thanks in advance.

Does the stock suspension have camber adjustable top mounts when lowering? I'm doing a lot of miles so don't want to shred through expensive 20 inch Michelin tyres if the camber isn't adjustable after lowering the car?
If not, are the top mounts expensive? I dont have great knowledge of suspension, so apologies.
Thanks in advance.
Also, minor correction, there's no such thing as a camber plate for a double wishbone front suspension, you're talking about macpherson struts (which most other cars have) which can be adjusted with camber plates on the top hat of the strut. Since the coilover assembly in a Tesla is just a spring/damper combo, not a strut, it has zero influence on suspension geometry on a double wishbone front suspension, the adjustment you'd be looking for is lengthening or shortening the front upper control arm (FUCA), which, as others have said, needs an aftermarket replacement. Note that if your concerns are beyond just wear, running a different static ride height than stock can also result in different behavior like changes in toe or camber on compression that are less pronounced in stock height, but you're unlikely to see big effects in a street driven car.