Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does "Charging Stats" in the Tesla app show KWH delivered to HV battery or total power delivered/costed from the pedestal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably asked before. The pedestal delivers energy to the HV battery with some overhead for inefficiency; likewise, a fair amount of energy can be used by the HVAC and motor stators during a charging session. I think early on Tesla only charged for the energy delivered to the HV battery but now for total energy used from the grid.

Thanks for the reply! I think you are correct the Tesla App showed 28KW, which is rounded, and my EEVEE app showed 33.37KW (which is also read from the car and should be the same as Teslafi)? The charging session was thirty minutes long so that additional 5KWH would have added approx $2.25 at 0.45/KWH. Wonder if the Tesla app takes that overhead into account when displaying the savings over gas? The ambient temp was around 90F during this particular charging session and I was sitting in the car with the AC on the entire time.

Last edited: