Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do swallows only attack ice vehicles?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was curious on a cloudy wet day like we've been having, will swallows not dive bomb electric cars like they do ice vehicles because there aren't any warm spots on the car. I didn't drive my Telsa today because I just washed it.

Violet-green swallows. They are actually going after the miller moths. We have a huge migration in Colorado front range that happens in May every year. Some years are bigger than others, and this is a big one. As vehicles are stopped at the signal lights. The moths head to the vehicles for warmth and darkness. When the light turns green, the moths scatter back out and up and that is when the birds dive down for some food.

So it would really have to be pure electric vehicles at the intersection. and probably really cloudy and rainy so the hood doesn't heat up with the sun. But curious if the moths would still be attracted to electric vehicles are not. Maybe in another 10-20 years when a majority of vehicles are electric, we would find out.