Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do I have a Biohazard filter AND a cabin air filter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just watching a video on how to change the filter... I can't believe how difficult it is to get that filter. All of my other cars, I can change the filter in just a minute or two. I think I'll save this task for a future service appointment.

I was just watching a video on how to change the filter... I can't believe how difficult it is to get that filter. All of my other cars, I can change the filter in just a minute or two. I think I'll save this task for a future service appointment.

It's like 15 minutes to gain access to. The 3 cabin filter is more difficult imo.

Tesla Service charged me only about $10 for the cabin filter OTC. I installed myself, takes about 10 minutes. Was a no brainer as I was replacing the front HVAC blower anyways. They used brushed motors, unfortunately, and I wore out the brushes. Non-Replaceable brushes :-( M3 and MY use brushless.

Otherwise if you don't want to take the trek to a Service Center, Amazon ~$18 Prime. https://amzn.to/487odun

I'm also editing a video on how to replace the filter & HVAC blower. Should be up in a couple days.