Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discount on new inventory P3D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So new inventory cars have started popping up (No SR+ by the look of it) and most are listed at the pre-increase prices (so about £3000 off a P3D+) or the change to snag a P3D- if that’s what you’re after.

Are these likely to be rejected cars that were previously matched to customers? The discount is appealing but I’m concerned about signing up for the worst of the worst when it comes to paint defects etc.. especially when they could just sell this stock at the current price.

has anyone picked up an inventory car yet? if so, How was it?

So new inventory cars have started popping up (No SR+ by the look of it) and most are listed at the pre-increase prices (so about £3000 off a P3D+) or the change to snag a P3D- if that’s what you’re after.

Are these likely to be rejected cars that were previously matched to customers? The discount is appealing but I’m concerned about signing up for the worst of the worst when it comes to paint defects etc.. especially when they could just sell this stock at the current price.

has anyone picked up an inventory car yet? if so, How was it?

No they are just going to unallocated cars and they will sell fast, the reasoning for the price discount would be because they seem to be allocated a price on the date they were shipped.

If your serious I'd buy asap before they are gone as 7 have gone since last night and might be the last chance to get a P-

Quite a few have (check out speakev) but you need to check if the discount is actually just the grant already applied

The inventory broke cover over a week ago on an independent site (tesla-info) and then appeared on the Tesla website 3 or 4 days later and I've read of a few people who ordered and taken delivery, I think the record was 3 days from order to collection.

The inventory is coming through daily, maybe around 10 cars a day or so but seems to get sold or matched to orders within a couple of days, so if you see a car, you like, you need to move quickly. The independent site has an email notification service, its only daily so with stock changing daily there's the chance of missing one but its still useful

might be the last chance to get a P-

Looking on the inventory sites there are still MS Standard Range coming through and they stopped being available to order months ago. You could be right but Tesla have taken away the ability to order for models but still made them for inventory. They did the same when they removed an interior option in June only for it to come back in July. We just don't know.

Definitely not the grant, it shows as a price adjustment:

Price Adjustment (£2,860.00)

Where exactly and on which car does it show this? Its likely just an internal price adjustment based on the previous prices but I can assure you there won't be an additional £3500 off these prices that are shown, if you click show details then it shows the breakdown of the cost.

Compare the inventory prices to a new order and you will see the savings of anything up to £5k not sure if they planned the price increase to then be able to sell inventory that looks cheap, an advanced marketing strategy if true...

Where exactly and on which car does it show this? Its likely just an internal price adjustment based on the previous prices but I can assure you there won't be an additional £3500 off these prices that are shown, if you click show details then it shows the breakdown of the cost.

Compare the inventory prices to a new order and you will see the savings of anything up to £5k not sure if they planned the price increase to then be able to sell inventory that looks cheap, an advanced marketing strategy if true...
On the order I just placed on a P3D. May have been a bit of an impulse buy!

I think the cheaper price cars are long gone. None of the M3 cars listed on www.tesla-info.com are showing a discount. If you click ‘buy’ you will see that these cars are all priced with the £3.5k government grant already taken into account. I ordered my car on August 8 and the price for standard paint, LR AWD incl delivery was around £49.5k before grant came off. All the cars that I have seen in the past few days are more expensive than that. Last week, there were definite bargains to be had if you acted quickly

Not expecting anot

not expecting another £3,500 but it looks to be discounted by £2860 vs a new order today (so back to the price before the increase a couple of weeks ago). Unless I’m really confusing myself.

Reactions: Rooster6655
T
I think the cheaper price cars are long gone. None of the M3 cars listed on www.tesla-info.com are showing a discount. If you click ‘buy’ you will see that these cars are all priced with the £3.5k government grant already taken into account. I ordered my car on August 8 and the price for standard paint, LR AWD incl delivery was around £49.5k before grant came off. All the cars that I have seen in the past few days are more expensive than that. Last week, there were definite bargains to be had if you acted quickly

they always list prices with the grant included don’t they, even on a custom order.

Could someone explain what P- means? Is it exactly the same as the LRAWD but with the firmware tweaked to give the better performance and slightly lower range, without any of the Performance extras (like bigger wheels, pedals, etc)?
The range shouldn’t be too much lower as most of the loss on the full performance is from the 20” wheels

Not expecting anot

not expecting another £3,500 but it looks to be discounted by £2860 vs a new order today (so back to the price before the increase a couple of weeks ago). Unless I’m really confusing myself.

The price you see is the price you pay so don't worry about it, the price adjustment is just an internal memo to line up the price against the current prices of a new customer order