Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did you buy the P85 on 12/17 for $43,200 on ebay?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's wrong with the vehicle if you dont mind sharing?

I went to purchase this vehicle through TrueCar and TrueCar sent me a message saying the sale was blocked because the seller was doing so fraudulently. The seller demanded that I wire them funds and not meet in person with check. The seller's listed car dealership also does not exist. Everything about this purchase screamed SCAM !!! Unfortunately I went too far with this seller and gave him my credit card information for deposit, Banking information and a copy of my drivers license. I spent the next 2 days blocking my credit and canceling all of my bank accounts etc..

Thank you Michael for Posting this. I hope whoever won this bid does not get taken.

Frank

I went to purchase this vehicle through TrueCar and TrueCar sent me a message saying the sale was blocked because the seller was doing so fraudulently. The seller demanded that I wire them funds and not meet in person with check. The seller's listed car dealership also does not exist. Everything about this purchase screamed SCAM !!! Unfortunately I went too far with this seller and gave him my credit card information for deposit, Banking information and a copy of my drivers license. I spent the next 2 days blocking my credit and canceling all of my bank accounts etc..

Thank you Michael for Posting this. I hope whoever won this bid does not get taken.

Frank
Oh wow, I see that the listing is back on eBay. I wonder if someone is impersonating this dealership. The number for the dealer ship and the one in the listing are different. I went on street view and the dealship exists, but they do not have a luxury car inventory as suggested by their ebay store.

Links below for maps
Google Maps

Ebay
oldtowncarfactory on eBay

Oh wow, I see that the listing is back on eBay. I wonder if someone is impersonating this dealership. The number for the dealer ship and the one in the listing are different. I went on street view and the dealship exists, but they do not have a luxury car inventory as suggested by their ebay store.

Links below for maps
Google Maps

Ebay
oldtowncarfactory on eBay

I actually went as far as calling the pottery shop across the street and they told me the lot is listed for Lease now. All closed up!

we would hope these days that new eBay accounts would require additional checks and confirmations. Considering this account was only a member since 6th Dec 2017 its amazing it got this far. I know in the early days of eBay lots of fraudulent accounts were created and are still used these days to annoy the hell out of legitimate sellers, but if you can still setup dodgy accounts so easily its just scary :(