Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Delivery process

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered MXP on 03/06/2023 and received a VIN within 10m. As much as Tesla seems to “value” efficiency, their delivery process is maddening. Sheesh.

Original EDD: 03/13 to 03/22
Updated EDD: 03/16 to 03/23
Delivery Scheduled: 03/20
Rescheduled: 03/24
Rescheduled: 03/27
Rescheduled: 03/31
Rescheduled: 04/01
Rescheduled: 04/06

It’s whatever, just keep having my hopes and dreams shattered. ;-P

The Tesla delivery centers are run buy a bunch of clowns. Each person you ask will give you a different answer. I'm hating this "do everything through the app" treatment already and I've only owned a MXP for a week. Get hold of the manager at the delivery center and ask for a definitive date. Also, If the car is not up to your satisfaction DO NOT take delivery. Looks like Tesla has a habit of saying "a trim piece not seated properly is totally to be expected and does not affect performance". You'll also hear "It's within our spec" a lot. I had to have a long argument with the SA to get them to fix mine.