Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not yet, they want me to add insurance info first but I can’t add it to my Tesla policy because it says to call and they’re closed today. I think the option to make payment is also available but I think I’d rather go in with a cashiers check in case I need to reject…
You can upload your current insurance and then you have 30 days to insure your Tesla

Reactions: ChiefRollo
Are they barely making Black MXLR's? I ordered Sept 27 and I have seen several people who ordered different colors in mid-October getting VIN's and delivery. I know it seems like they build in batches by paint, etc. but come on.... I feel even worse for those who ordered early September still waiting for a VIN.
I am happy for those that did not have the 60+- day waiting game a lot of people here have had but man, Tesla, hurry up and take my 80K!

Last edited:
Not yet, they want me to add insurance info first but I can’t add it to my Tesla policy because it says to call and they’re closed today. I think the option to make payment is also available but I think I’d rather go in with a cashiers check in case I need to reject…
California Law Requires your insurance company to cover a new vehicle upon purchase. So Calif dealers only require you show them you have coverage for your existing vehicles. They realize California mandates them to cover a new purchase so dont worry about a vin just that you have a current policy.

Reactions: TallCoolOne
California Law Requires your insurance company to cover a new vehicle upon purchase. So Calif dealers only require you show them you have coverage for your existing vehicles. They realize California mandates them to cover a new purchase so dont worry about a vin just that you have a current policy.
Ah I was not aware, so my Tesla coverage on my M3 would apply to the MX even if it’s not replacing that car but is being added to the policy? So my options in the app are “Add to existing Tesla policy” or “Use my own insurance”. My plan is the first one but picking that just tells me to call, so should I pick the second one and upload my Tesla policy for the M3?