Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don’t leave the Black MX support group. Those of us who have not gotten a VIN need to live vicariously through you.
Well, in drama news, I tried to add the new car to my eSurance, and the app says they don't do cars over $75k new...
But I went to the website, put in the VIN, and it seems they do.

So, I don't know the pickup date, and in case eSurance doesn't want my business, I did get the new car on the policy, effective 1st date of the estimated delivery (With my old car still insured). I figure I'll just drop my 2019 soon as I trade it in to them.

why is everything such a hassle? I was getting ready to research a dozen new car insurance companies, and move my homeowners, possibly the boat insurance, etc. you pay and pay and pay, and one day, save your pennies, get a new car, and they are like... well.. TOUGH. such a scam.

Tesla wants proof of insurance, but I'm not insuring a car that's 2 weeks away, so I can't print proof until 2 more weeks...

Tesla wants paid, but FedChoice says they want a "final price sheet". Tesla says they won't have that until 3-4 days before delivery.

I'd prefer delivery on a M-F, and NOT Saturday. I'm fine waiting to be less crowded.

Well, in drama news, I tried to add the new car to my eSurance, and the app says they don't do cars over $75k new...

So, I don't know the pickup date, and in case eSurance doesn't want my business, I did get the new car on the policy, effective 1st date of the estimated delivery (With my old car still insured). I figure I'll just drop my 2019 soon as I trade it in to them.

why is everything such a hassle? I was getting ready to research a dozen new car insurance companies, and move my homeowners, possibly the boat insurance, etc. you pay and pay and pay, and one day, save your pennies, get a new car, and they are like... well.. TOUGH. such a scam.

Tesla wants proof of insurance, but I'm not insuring a car that's 2 weeks away, so I can't print proof until 2 more weeks...

Tesla wants paid, but FedChoice says they want a "final price sheet". Tesla says they won't have that until 3-4 days before delivery.

I'd prefer delivery on a M-F, and NOT Saturday. I'm fine waiting to be less crowded.

Log into your account on the website (not through the app.) Your MVPA will be there under documents. Make sure you sign it!

OK people. I don't wanna spook the herd... but...

I GOT A VIN!!!
And while I'm sure EVERYONE wants to know if it's a 2023/24, we are keeping it a secret until it's here ;)
@SabrToothSqrl
Congrats!! As I've commented last week 60 days +/- from OD seems to be the trend lately for VINs. I'll be anxiously awaiting my VIN around 1st of December.

New EDD for me today…I guess I’m in the add a day at a time mode that others saw.

MXP Stealth Gray, White interior, regular steering, 20”
Ordered 9/8
Switched Black -> Stealth Gray 10/29

EDD 1: Oct-Nov 2023
EDD 2: Oct 23 - Dec 4 (9/19)
EDD 3: Oct 25 - Nov 29 (10/9)
EDD 4: Nov 5 - Dec 10 (10/26)
EDD 5: Nov 10 - Dec 1 (11/4)
EDD 6: Nov 11 - Dec 1 (11/11)

Unlimited super charge transfer people where it’s too late to order new?
I spoke with my Sales Rep yesterday and asked about the FUSC transfer issue regarding the deadline of December 31. This is what he assured me "Tesla will be honoring the transfer of the FUSC even past the deadline as long as the order was placed before December 31." The bad part is if this was the case they would change the wording to articulate exactly this policy. So take that for whats its worth. I for one will hold them to this since I kept all my email, texts and notes of all comunications with Tesla Representatives.

I spoke with my Sales Rep yesterday and asked about the FUSC transfer issue regarding the deadline of December 31. This is what he assured me "Tesla will be honoring the transfer of the FUSC even past the deadline as long as the order was placed before December 31." The bad part is if this was the case they would change the wording to articulate exactly this policy. So take that for whats its worth. I for one will hold them to this since I kept all my email, texts and notes of all comunications with Tesla Representatives.
How are you going to "hold them" to it? You have a written offer with specific requirements. You have to comply with ALL of the requirements. Unless you have something different sent directly by Elon, I would not rely on anything else.

How are you going to "hold them" to it? You have a written offer with specific requirements. You have to comply with ALL of the requirements. Unless you have something different sent directly by Elon, I would not rely on anything else.
I am no attorney. However I do believe employees of Tesla are all representives of ELON and Tesla. So if they want to send me text messages and emails telling me they will honor and extend a policy or program they currently offer and I comply without causing delays. Then I would believe that if Tesla fails to offer me a new vehicle exactly as I ordered, then it is not my fault and its on them to honor the transfer aggreement.

I am no attorney. However I do believe employees of Tesla are all representives of ELON and Tesla. So if they want to send me text messages and emails telling me they will honor and extend a policy or program they currently offer and I comply without causing delays. Then I would believe that if Tesla fails to offer me a new vehicle exactly as I ordered, then it is not my fault and its on them to honor the transfer aggreement.
Will be interesting to hear the outcome. If you have it in writing, then that helps. But may ultimately fall back to whatever was signed and agreed to formally (eg: what's in the MVPA).

Did you opt out of arbitration? If not then you'll be able to take them to arbitration and have them pay for it I think.

One of the main rules in law, Don't buy a lawsuit. One of the conditions of getting it after 12/31/23 is to have signed the Transfer Agreement. If you can delete the offending provisions initial them AND have a manager up, also sign off on the revised contract......But again unless you have an attorney in your back pocket....and the if they breach it what are the damages? Are you going for specific performance? Sadly with Tesla there is always a love/ hate relationship.

You add your current insurance policy. Most if not all insurance policies will cover your new vehicle for 30 days before adding it on to your current policy.

Reactions: SabrToothSqrl