Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really?? Excellent news if true. Thanks for sharing!
Yes, I was very surprised also. When I got the text two days ago to confirm my delivery info I said everything was correct if they were going to accept FSD transfer after 9/30. They texted me back saying, "No, FSD transfer will not be accepted after 9/30 and did I want to cancel my trade in". I told them not necessarily, I would like to see what the new trade in offer will be without the FSD transfer. They told me that I would have to reject the current trade in offer (which I did) and then submit a new trade in request without the FSD transfer (which I attempted). Every time I attempted to submit a trade in request without the FSD transfer the app would automatically add the FSD transfer. I texted them back and asked them if they could update the trade in request without the FSD transfer and didn't get a response, so I called today. That was when they told me that they received the new guidance yesterday. My SA also told me that the guidance included verbiage something to the affect of "circumstances beyond the customers control" or something to that effect.

GREAT NEWS… According to my SA, Tesla sent out guidance to all delIvery centers yesterday. They will honor FSD transfers after 9/30 “if u had the intent to pickup before 9/30”. Not sure how far this goes, but my guess is that it will be for all of us that had a delivery estimate in Sep-Oct when we put down the $250. Can’t wait to get my MXLR, red, black interior, steering wheel, 20’. EDD still 10-23. Will continue to keep you updated.
That’s promising news. Hope “intent” doesn’t just mean assigned a VIN but unable to schedule delivery by 9/30 🤞

Last edited:
Reactions: bmer1rick
Dang all of the folks who cancelled or switched to inventory MXLR from Plaid will be upset. Just another reason for folks to hate tesla since they literally did not say ANYTHING until 2 days prior to month end. That's IF this is true LOL
Going with the 6 seat configuration, it was Plaid or bust for me. I was very tempted to switch to a few MXLR 6 seat that came up in inventory a few times. But if by chance this FSD transfer gets extended, I knew that a part of me would die each time I saw a Plaid driving and would need to wipe a tear away 🥲

Last edited:
Going with the 6 seat configuration, it was Plaid or bust for me. I was very tempted to switch to a few MXLR 6 seat that came up in inventory a few times. But if by chance this FSD transfer gets extended, I knew that a part of me would die each time I saw a Plaid driving and would need to wipe a tear away 🥲

I also wanted a Plaid, but I W2 a little below the tax incentive threshold so I didn't want to miss out on that. Plus, when I realized the Model X LR already had 671 HP, I wasn't too worried about it's straight-line performance. I drove a MXLR a few weeks ago and it's significantly faster than my Model Y performance on the highway, which is what I want when it comes to passing. Very comparable to MYP under 60 mph.

wise choice and keeping that hope may just pay off! FINGERS CROSSED!

re: LOCFCU, the original reddit poster got a 3.74% @60 mos 2 week ago. Rates went up a week later and I was approved at 4.19% @60mos, 4.59% @72mos. Rates went up again yesterday, I'm not sure what the current rate is, but probably still one of the lowest you can find. They are a small credit union and they were slammed with applications after the reddit post. The lead time for the membership application alone was a week or two. After my account was opened it took about a week for them to get to it. If you don't have 2-3 weeks and need the loan approved asap, I would look elsewhere. By the time you get your loan, they may have increased rates to be in line with most other CUs.
I agree, that's why I'm just going with NFCU since I'm already a member there and won't have to jump through any hoops. Still, figured I'd pass on the news of other possible sources of good rates. With the rates you quoted, are you counting the direct deposit and checking account discounts? Put together, they're worth a 0.75% discount to your rate, according to their rate sheet.

I also wanted a Plaid, but I W2 a little below the tax incentive threshold so I didn't want to miss out on that. Plus, when I realized the Model X LR already had 671 HP, I wasn't too worried about it's straight-line performance. I drove a MXLR a few weeks ago and it's significantly faster than my Model Y performance on the highway, which is what I want when it comes to passing. Very comparable to MYP under 60 mph.
That poverty edition price is almost to good to pass up!

That’s promising news. Hope “intent” doesn’t just mean assigned a VIN but unable to schedule delivery by 9/30 🤞
Looks like many are starting to report the same. Expect Fred Lambert or others to begin reporting soon.. Here are links to a couple of articles recently posted on X.
Tesla Allowing FSD Transfers for Orders Placed by the 30th; Extends FSD Beta Trials

Tesla will honour Full Self-Driving transfers for late deliveries

Conditions reported as:
According to details of the new requirements obtained by Drive Tesla, customers must still place their order before September 30, 2023. To still be eligible to transfer your FSD package to your new car, you must also complete all the pre-delivery tasks in your account, including selecting the option to say you will be transferring FSD, and complete your credit check (if applicable) by that date. Tesla refers to this as the customer taking “good faith” steps to complete their delivery in time.

Additionally, if you order a custom configuration, and there is a vehicle with the same configuration available in existing inventory that is ready to be delivered, you must accept delivery of the inventory vehicle.

Last edited:
I agree, that's why I'm just going with NFCU since I'm already a member there and won't have to jump through any hoops. Still, figured I'd pass on the news of other possible sources of good rates. With the rates you quoted, are you counting the direct deposit and checking account discounts? Put together, they're worth a 0.75% discount to your rate, according to their rate sheet.
Look at that rate sheet a little closer...fine print says MAX 0.50% reduction for discounts. ;)

Reactions: Neon001
Additionally, if you order a custom configuration, and there is a vehicle with the same configuration available in existing inventory that is ready to be delivered, you must accept delivery of the inventory vehicle.
I hope they don't ding me for the Plaid I rejected back on 9/11 for their own poor quality control (terrible panel gap they claimed was within spec and refused to fix; though I knew fixing it would probably have been fairly significant as they would probably have had to realign the whole front fender, so they didn't want to and rather see if someone else would accept it as is).

Also, this seems to suggest that rejecting an assigned Plaid 2023 VIN now to wait for a 2024 VIN is not acceptable since we're kind of right in that transition period between model year

Last edited:
Reactions: Jewel and bmer1rick
That poverty edition price is almost to good to pass up!
Sure is...I was sold! 💵

Same X vehicle was $121k in Jan. + Color, no $1k Loyalty (now $500) or free FSD (3-months = $600 Sub.) or Federal incentive ($7500) eligible.

Attachments

• Tesla X-S Pricing 2023.jpg
    Tesla X-S Pricing 2023.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 76
  • Tesla IRS 9.5.23.jpg
    Tesla IRS 9.5.23.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 54
I wonder if Tesla will stop allowing customers to inspect the cars at some point (to address the 2023 vs 2024 vin's) prior to signing and force them to accept the terms first or cancel the order and keep the $250.
The VIN itself will give away the 2023 vs 2024. I don't see how Tesla can not allow vehicle inspection before accepting it. A lot of people would have issue with it, not just for 2023/2024 reasons.

Sorry it was 4.14% and that was with a .5% rate discount (I believe... they haven't sent me a visa cc application or anything).