Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated
Order Date: 9/7
Build: MXLR | White (changed to Black on 9/17) | Black Int | 5 seats | steering wheel | 20" wheels
9/7: Original EDD: Sept 14 - first week of October
9/15: EDD #2: Sept 16 - Oct 7
9/17: I went back and forth on my exterior color choice (White or Black) about 8 times before settling on Black. It did not seem to change my EDD at all.
9/18: EDD #3: Sept 18 - Oct 6
9/18: I noticed that there is an X in inventory at Marina Del Rey and it checks all my boxes except it has the Yoke. I sent Tesla a text message and proposed if they remove the $1000 charge for the Yoke, I can take delivery today. I doubt they will accept but you never know. It is above the 80k for the tax credit and is a 5 seater so there might not be too much demand for this one and they may want to move it before the end of September.
VIN: Nope
9/18: Received a "Next Steps for Your Model X Order" email. Maybe this means I am closer to getting a VIN?
Ooh this is promising. I ordered 2 days after you, near Los Angeles as well. MXLR white base model. My EDD never changed from Oct/Nov. Maybe it will in 2-3 days! :D

MXLR, 7 seater, 20" wheels, creat interior.
Order date: 9/2
EDD: Sep-Oct
EDD2: Oct-Nov
VIN assigned: 9/13 with EDD3: 9/26-10/03
Update:
MXLR, 7 seater, 20" wheels, cream interior.
Order date: 9/2
EDD: Sep-Oct
EDD2: Oct-Nov
VIN assigned 414XXX: 9/13 with EDD3: 9/26-10/03
Delivery Scheduled: 9/25
FSD Transfer: No

Has anyone actually asked Tesla if they will be honoring the transfers if X’s not arrive on time?
I've asked both the rep on my SMS text thread since I have attempted to take delivery this month already, as well as today when I dropped by my local Tesla sales/service/delivery center. Neither sales or delivery rep could tell me. At this point, it's anyone's guess. It's just a waiting game now to see what happens on 10/1

I hate to say it, but i dont think they care. The offer for FSD transfer occurred before the price drop. The price drop was huge enough to easily cover the cost of FSD.

I do however hope you all get an extension of some kind. I’m not hopeful because Tesla as a company doesn’t really seem to care.

I wish there was some more expensive version of FSD you could purchase and tie to your name or Tesla account instead of by car. I’d buy that in a millisecond.

I wish there was some more expensive version of FSD you could purchase and tie to your name or Tesla account instead of by car. I’d buy that in a millisecond.
How much more would you pay for it? 2x? 3x? Would it only work on vehicles you were driving? Would it go away when you die, or do you envision it being an asset that you can pass down to one of your kids?