Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DC Area Members?

Where should Tesla open the DC Area store?

• Arlington

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Dulles

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • DC

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • MD

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Works for me

Kevin,

I'm still game - if it's convenient for you to pick me up in your car, let me know where you'd like to do so. My recommendation would be at the Giant @ the intersection of Braddock and Stone.

However, if you'd like me to drive, let me know where you want to meet up. Since driving me back will be out of your way, it might make sense for us to meet at your place. Since you seem to have the tighter schedule (I can bust out @ 5), I'll let you make the call.

Evawd

The EVA/DC is meeting next Tuesday in Bethesda. I'm planning to attend and drive my green machine.

Anyone else interested?

June 16, 2009
7:00 pm
Davis Library
Bethesda, Maryland

EVA/DC - Welcome to EVA/DC

I'm really bummed that I missed this. I just found this thread today. :frown:

Bethesda was a good location! When can we do it again? :biggrin:

Last edited:
According tot eh website, the next meeting is:
Tuesday, July 21 - EVA/DC Meeting, Location TBA

So, we'll have to find out where when it gets closer. Not sure yet if I'm making the next meeting or not, but I think just about everybody is looking forward to the 9th Annual Power of DC Show/Autocross/Drag Races August 29-30.

2009 Power of DC

According tot eh website, the next meeting is:
Tuesday, July 21 - EVA/DC Meeting, Location TBA

So, we'll have to find out where when it gets closer. Not sure yet if I'm making the next meeting or not, but I think just about everybody is looking forward to the 9th Annual Power of DC Show/Autocross/Drag Races August 29-30.

2009 Power of DC

Do you think any Roadsters will be there this year? :biggrin:

... here are some shots from the 2 DC area events we've had:

Beautiful paint!
3648543096_2dbfa3791d.jpg

Nice looking!
3647727907_cdc65752f7.jpg

Take your top off!
3648535374_ecb677fd3f.jpg

Last edited:
@tdave: Oh I'll be there for that! :biggrin:

@walk_n_wind: Absolutely fantastic! I still can't believe that I was minutes away and managed to miss the meet. Next time though, right?

Curious. Why the username "inajamaica" "walk_n_wind"?? You wouldn't happen to be a yardie too??

@xcelero.ii - inajamaica was from my childhood days when I wished I was a yardie and walk_n_wind is actually inspired by automatic, mechanical watches, since you wind them when you walk. Although I totally dig the Caribbean interpretation!

Good times, good times...so I guess this means you hail from Jamaica?

@xcelero.ii - inajamaica was from my childhood days when I wished I was a yardie and walk_n_wind is actually inspired by automatic, mechanical watches, since you wind them when you walk. Although I totally dig the Caribbean interpretation!

Good times, good times...so I guess this means you hail from Jamaica?

Lol. Too cool. I'm a first gen. :biggrin: Entire family is West Indian. I was born and raised in Silicon Valley.

Interestingly, when I was a child, I wished I was British. I have tons of family who are and have always been envious of them. LOL.

Jamaica isn't ready for Tesla Roadster!! :tongue:

@BB and @TDave - one of the EVA DC guys shot me an e-mail about the Roadster charging requirements, as he's attempting to arrange hotel charging for The Power of DC. Might you guys PM me your e-mails since you will probably be the ones making use of such a facility? I can pass your e-mail to him and maybe you guys can make sure you're good to go for the event...

If you want to Autocross

All marques are welcome at our monthly autocross in Winchester Virginia.

The Greater Washington Section of the Mercedes-Benz Club has plenty of driving events, from autocross to track to rally events.

We are having an Autocross this Sunday 7/12 at Millbrook High School in Winchester VA. Arrive by 8 am to get teched and then we do 3 practice runs in the morning, and 3 timed runs in the afternoon. We get done around 4:30 and take an hour off for lunch. Its a small group (under 50) and we have a lot of fun and are very friendly.

http://www.gws-mbca.org/ax/axEvent.html

I am the GWS-MBCA President, so if you come, look for me on my Segway or AXing my Mercedes-Benz.

William Hopper

wwhopper,

Sounds like fun, and I should probably get some practice before going to Hagerstown. Is there any place to recharge there? Possibly 240VAC access?

I can do a search for RV parks in the area tonight.