Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

David Nolan update on MS Business Insider/GreenCarReports

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Business Insider article which is actually favorable to the MS (could be because it is linked to greencarreports). Although somebody needs to correct him about the leaving overnight without plugging in loss of energy.

What It's Like To Own A Tesla Model S - Business Insider

Direct link to GCR
http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1082867_life-with-2013-tesla-model-s-the-good-the-bad-at-600-miles/

I usually like his stuff, he's an insightful writer. I just wish he noted that leaving the car unplugged overnight (the way Broder did senselessly) is not common practice in any way. I mean most of us even plug in our laptops, tablets, or cell phones overnight, it's becoming commonplace for any of our mobile devices (let alone a Model S).

I would say he is not a very insightful writer. Most of his material has been plucking posts from forums and bunching them together. You are right though, many of his complaints are likely temporary issues he should have pointed out in his article.

I don't have too much of an issue with this, it does seem as if Tesla will fall a bit short of their plan if you hold them to the official end date of summer. Did they specify summer in the Northern hemisphere? They may have another 6 months to go :wink: Not a real issue in the grand scheme of course.

It's the title I have more of a problem with but if it drives hits or works I guess. Scrambling implies desperation. They are building them as fast as they can I suspect. These maps are a goal/snapshot at a point in time and not likely to be accurate very far out. This should hardly be news.