Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam icon occasionally is Miss

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all I've recently started using Dashcam, and it works as expected. But sometimes when I start a drive the icon is missing. It'll come back for a different drive. Anyone else notice this? I'm using a 32 GB thumb drive in the front right USB slot. I have a Model 3 long range dual motor with software 2019.16.3.

Regards,
Al, K7AR

Hi all I've recently started using Dashcam, and it works as expected. But sometimes when I start a drive the icon is missing. It'll come back for a different drive. Anyone else notice this? I'm using a 32 GB thumb drive in the front right USB slot. I have a Model 3 long range dual motor with software 2019.16.3.

Regards,
Al, K7AR
It happens to me sometimes. If you remove the flash drive and reinsert it may work. Mine does but you have to wait a few moments for it to be recognized.

Similar experience: On one trip it says it's recording; the next trip grayed-out. Then, with no intervention, on the next trip it shows the red dot to indicate recording.

I wish Tesla would figure out what's happening and make appropriate recommendations.

Reactions: Gabbleratchet7